Chapter 23 : Moving Forward

Shuichi was eyeing nishikata carefully as nishikata explained his plan to him and suika

Shuichi : that's all good and all but, why are you doing this?

Nishikata : (confused) what do you mean?

Shuichi : well I had challenged you to get Takagi-chan to confess to you, then why are you planning a confession....

Nishikata : it's not exactly a confession...

Shuichi : would you mind explaining that yuki

Nishikata : ( sighs) if I can get her to confess to me before the time limit then, I will just go with her to enjoy the concert..... But if I can't I will atleast confess before I leave..

Shuichi : planning for failure before even trying, you should believe in yourself ( I'm honestly a bit disappointed in him, but that being said, he is quite lucky the perfect opportunity walked to him ........) you just need to money right?

Nishikata : no.... That's not it... I'll get a part time job...

Suika : you are a billionaire.... Money isn't an issue for this plan....

Nishikata : I just want you to fund me incase the plan goes wrong...

Shuichi : (a thousand thoughts go through his mind and he comes to a realization) I'm proud of you.... You won't need my help...... Now go you should go to sleep...

Nishikata immediately went to his room and shuichi ordered some coffee from Sasha...

Sasha : here's your coffee Mr. Togami...

Shuichi : like I said... Drop the formals it makes me uncomfortable, your only 4 years older than me.... ( started sipping coffee)

Suika : ( slaps his back, nearly making him choke) you should never remind a woman of her age shuichi... Sasha you can leave now... ( after sasha leaves she questions shuichi) why did you allow him to...

Shuichi : I'll explain ( he sips some of his coffee) I was quite disappointed with him..

Suika : disappointed?

Shuichi : he doesn't have any confidence at all...... He has made a plan but he is sure that he will lose our little bet.... To put it simply he is not playing to win, he playing not to lose....

Suika : is everything just a game to you?!

Shuichi : that's just an example....

Suika : oh... Sorry continue..

Shuichi : I thinks he has no chance of winning so he isn't even trying... The only reason he formed this plan was because the Gods aligned the stars perfectly for him.... In the end it all comes down to pure luck...

Suika : his luck? What does that mean?

Shuichi : you know how he has an inferiority complex..... He thinks he doesn't deserve anything.... Why is he rich? he happened to be my brother.... Why is he happy? He happened to have good people around him.... Why did takagi meet him and start loving him? He happened to pick her napkin and she happened to be his seat mate...... Thats how he thinks

Suika : it must feel terrible....

Shuichi : his whole life is the way it is because of plain luck... He hasn't achieved anything by himself....thats what he thinks... He has been distracted from these thoughts because he spends his time having fun with Takagi-chan....

Suika : poor yuki, Takagi-chan must be clueless about this....

Shuichi : but now I'm proud of him...