Chapter 19 : Birthday Part 4

Takagi wiped the tears of happiness off her face and tried to talk to nishikata, but just looking at him made butterflies dance in her stomach

Takagi : nishikata? ( she held his hand)

Nishikata : ( overwhelmed with everything that just happened) well I guess I win this one....

Takagi : oh yeah..... The the bet..... I lost huh ( the one time I expected him to not kiss is when he does, the universe is isn't on my side today is it)

Nishikata : ( let's just change the subject) let's get down we have to go back to the hotel... ( not even resisting the hand holding)

Takagi : hey... (this is a last resort) can you help me nishikata?

Nishikata : is this why you made that bet?

Takagi : well.... Yes.... ( he will be sad)

Nishikata : of course, you know if you would have just asked for my help its not like I would have denied you... ( I feel like I need to make that clear)

Takagi : yeah I'm sorry ( that does make me happy) well in my defence we've been friends for 2.5 years and you started trusting me only 3 months ago... ( this is starting to sound like a lovers' quarrel)

Nishikata : I don't really have a comment on that ( she doesn't know me completely) what do you need my help for....

Takagi : Mano wanted to switch rooms with you....

Nishikata : I know what to want to say

Takagi :..... And apparently you straight up denied nakai when he made the proposal....

Nishikata : still all you had to do was ask

Takagi : so... Will you help me...

Nishikata : ( agrees to help) ok then i want to address the bigger elephant in the room...

Takagi : what is it?

Nishikata : out of all possible bets why did you choose that specific bet to get me to help you

Takagi : I thought of it on the spot...

Nishikata : you still had a win over me you could have used that....

Takagi : I needed to use that win to make you wear it everyday

Nishikata : ( I think we both know i would've done that anyway) who are are you kidding takagi we both know that you could've won any other game...

Takagi : this sounds like a lovers' quarrel

Nishikata : (changing the subject immediately) let's go back immediately

They both get off the ferris-wheel

Mano : you two aren't even trying to hide it huh ( eyeing the hands holding each other)

Nishikata : what ( he got flustered but he didn't leave her hand)

Takagi : ( also flustered) nothing happened.... (looking at nishikata) ( he didn't leave my hand)

Nakai : ( didn't even notice their hands) let's go

Mano : Takagi - chan...

Nishikata : she convinced me.....

Mano : really!!

Takagi : let's just go ( whispering so only nishikata hears) you are still holding my hand...

Nishikata : you want me to stop?

Takagi :.....

Nishikata :.....