Chapter 25 : Spying

Shuichi was laying down on the couch watching TV.

Shuichi : hey suika can you get me a drink? (he said lazily)

Suika : ( fiddling with her laptop) I'm doing something here, unlike someone..

Shuichi : give me a break I'm on vacation... Hey yuki...

Nishikata : don't bother, get up and get your drink yourself ( he said while tieing his shoes) it's literally 3 steps away

Shuichi : aw man.... ( he glanced over at the fridge and noticed something as a devious plan popped into his head) (he pulled out his phone an did something with it)

Suddenly a the "message received"sound of a phone resounded through the house...

Suika : ( she shot a glare at both of them) can you two not, I'm trying to work..

Nishikata : it's my phone... I think I got a text... (he moved to the kitchen to get his phone and then he saw the message) shuichi: get me a drink on the way back  ( you...) (he turned over to shuichi in annoyance and was about to give shuichi a peice of his mind)

Shuichi : ( sheepishly pointed at suika who was hard at work)

Nishikata : (if I disturb her I'm dead) ( given up he got a drink from the fridge and handed shuichi the drink)

Shuichi : ( exactly as planned) now go don't you have school?

Nishikata : ( screw you, you played me like a fiddle) I'm leaving... (he open the door and walked out towards the intersection where he and takagi meet everyday) what a way to start my day..

Takagi was slowly making her way towards where she and nishikata meet everyday

Takagi : ( she was really gloomy) good morning nishikata...

Nishikata : didn't get much sleep?

Takagi : bingo

Nishikata : ( she is gloomy today) let's go....

Takagi : so uh.. Nishikata, are you free today after school?

Nishikata : ( he was about to say yes but then he remembered about sumire and her guitar lessons) actually I have something to do.... I don't think I'll even be able to walk home with you...

If you could hear pain, her you would be able to hear takagi's heart crack a little...

Takagi : oh... Ok.... ( she tried to calm herself as the bad thoughts and scenarios from the last night came flooding back)

Nishikata : why, did you wanna go somewhere?

Takagi : no it's nothing...

Nishikata : if you say so... (I'll have to ask takagawa san later) The cultural festival is just 3 days away huh ( he tried to change the topic)

But to no avail they walked together in awkward silence. After reaching school and getting seated takagi didn't tease nishikata even once and it was starting to get to him... Eventually it was lunch time and takagi went to her usual spot for lunch

Sumire : hey Rie! ( cheerful like usual)

Takagi : hey sumire.... ( it's just... I don't wanna think my nest friend would do that...)

Sumire : what's with that half-assed greating? Is it about the dork again?
( what did that dork do this time)

Takagi : it's nothing...by the way are you free after school today?

Sumire : nah... I have something to do today... ( I  even brought my birthday gift guitar today)

Takagi : ah... ( the was a crack in her voice and she let out a squeak) ( no... No.... This isn't possible.... No.. No...)