Chapter 35 : Snow

The light reflected off the wall of the waiting room in the hospital and tension hung heavy in the air... It had been over 18 hours since nishikata went unconscious....

Takagi : ( the doctors said he lost too much blood and that's why shuichi had to give a few litres of his blood) ( she had been crying, and was worried sick about nishikata)

Takagi and shuichi had now been awake for over 20 hours straight and

Shuichi : you should go back home Takagi-chan. ( I know she wants to stay here but I need to send her off)

Takagi : no. I'm going to stay right here.

Shuichi : you have been awake for too long you need to sleep..

Takagi : you have been awake longer than I have ( counter accusing shuichi)

Shuichi : staying awake for 36 hours straight is not a problem for me...... I do it several times when I'm working...

Takagi : ( what...) whatever you say I'm not going home... I can stay awake longer... ( her eyes had darkne

Shuichi : look suika is coming to pick you up and then she will take you home.

Takagi : NO!! I'm staying right here!! You cant ask me to leave!!

Shuichi : ( he got serious) I'm not asking you, that would imply you have a choice, you are going home. Now.

Takagi : but-

Shuichi : no buts. She'll be here soon

Takagi : ( she muttered something under her breath and started walking away)

They both reached the entrance of the hospital and waited for suika to show when...

Takagi : ( she looked outside and saw it... Snow.....) it's snowing....

Shuichi : well... It mean suika will take some time to get here

Takagi : ( she got angry) why can't I stay here?!!! Why do you want me to leave so bad?!!

Shuichi : ( he replied calmly) I'm already stressed enough by yuki's condition, I don't wanna be responsible for you too.

Takagi : I can take care of myself!!

Shuichi : your parents think otherwise. So don't really have a choice in the matter

Takagi : I need to stay here.... ( she said while sulking)

Shuichi : ( he just stayed silent) look... I'll inform you when he wakes up ok, I'm sure he wouldn't like you to stay awake this long and be tired....

Takagi : but.... I could use the same argument against you!!

Shuichi : oh, I literally don't give a flying fuck about what he wants from me, I do what I do because I want to do it.

Takagi : ( that kind of went in a different direction than what I was expecting) I don't know how to argue against that...

Shuichi : ( he was joking around to stop her from worrying) ( he saw how takagi was once again started to get worried) this surely brings back memories....

Takagi : what memories?

Shuichi : you know why he was named yuki?

Takagi : not really...

Shuichi : well when he was born, our parents couldn't decide on a name for him

Takagi : oh?

Shuichi : (I need to distract her till suika is here) so for a while he was just shuichi junior for a while...