Chapter 34 : Collapse

Nishikata was taking a look at their supplies...

Nishikata : there is enough food and water for us to eat for 3 days and we have to survive 6 days..

Shuichi : Instead of giving everyone one box of food, every two people will have to share....

Nishikata : yeah, Its not like we have any other choice...

Takagi : ok lets distribute the food...

Nishikata : no.. Not now...

Takagi : what why?

Nishikata : we should distribute in the evening... Then they will fall asleep immediately and then they will be asleep for as long as possible.... We will be hungry... But we would be able to sleep through most of the hunger...

Shuichi : thats a great idea!

Nishikata : announce our plan to everyone.

Takagi : ok i'll do so

Takagi announced the plan to everyone, soon it was evening and time to eat

Nishikata : (he was sharing with Shuichi) can you move your arm now?

Shuichi : not really, it feels like every bone in my hand gets crushed by the slightest movement... By the way... Didn't you make up with Takagi-chan? Why are you sharing with me?

Nishikata : because your arm is broken?

Shuichi : I smell BS... My left arm is hurt I can still do everything so why?

Nishikata : um.... I guess... ( he explained the entire situation)

Shuichi : ( he just laughed to himself) so back to square one huh

Nishikata : yeah I guess

The next 4 days flew by them as they spent most of their time sleeping... And of the morning of the 5th day... Nishikata crawled into the airway and called the emergency authorities again...

Nishikata : the tunnels in front of us are cleared and they are removing the rubble outside as we speak!!

Everyone in the tunnel roared in applause and nishikata crawled out, even though many didn't like how he forcefully leaded them everyone was thanking him, during this he had also gained respect of the salty adults who didn't like being leaded by a middle schooler

Nishikata : aw man..... I'm used to this much attention....

Kimura : should have thought about that when you suddenly became in charge...

Nishikata : if shuichi wasn't injured he would've leaded us... He would've probably done a better job than me....

Shuichi : ( he patted nishikata's back) don't sell yourself short yuki, you deserve all the praise you're getting

Nishikata : I was just the first to react rationally.....

Takagi : ( so this is what shuichi-san was talking about...... Extremely low self-esteem and even lower self confidence....... But strangely he does have a strong sense of responsibility... That's why he acted and gave everyone a task immediately with such authority) you did very well nishikata....

Nishikata : thanks... I guess..

Shuichi : oh look at that when she praised him he accepted immediately, I guess my brother is a SIMP after all....

Nishikata : say that again and I'll break your other hand myself.....

Shuichi : you know you can't do that.