Chapter 24.5 : Suspicions

Nishikata slid on the ice while holding takagi

Nishikata : you sure are learning quick!

Takagi : (she was still thinking about what nishikata was hiding).... What?

Nishikata : I said you're learning pretty quickly..

Takagi : thanks

Nishikata : I think I can leave you now... ( he says as he stopped holding her hand)

Takagi : hey! ( she held on tightly) don't just leave me like that give me some warning...

Nishikata : ok, my bad....

Nishikata left takagi and she started skating on the ice while maintaining her balance after skating for a bit she went back to the stand to rest, nishikata followed along and while doing so shot a gaze towards hamaguchi and houjou

Nishikata : ( he looked at hamaguchi who was giving houjou some hot chocolate sold here as the were ready to leave for the day) ( maybe I should do that as well, it is cold in here) hey takagi, are you feeling cold?

Takagi : well yeah this ice rink is pretty cold... Why do you ask?

Nishikata : I was gonna get myself a hot chocolate, and I was wondering if you'd like one too

Takagi : I'll take one....

Nishikata : ok then.. (he takes off his skates) remove yours too, I'll return them on the way there

Takagi : ( she tried remove them but the were stuck) their stuck...

Nishikata : lemme see... ( he squatted down)

Takagi : ( takagi moved her legs so that nishikata could remove the shoes) ( while nishikata was not looking a slight blush could be seen on both I'd their faces) (I wonder what he's hiding from me, he doesn't want me to know...)

Nishikata : (takes her shoes along with his and scurries off to return the skates) I'll be back in a minute...

Takagi : ( she is just staring off into space when she hears some ringing noise) huh? What's that?

She turns around to see that nishikata's bag was causing the noise for some reason.

Takagi : It must be a phone call... ( she reached over to his bag and pulled his phone out, but the caller had hanged up at that point) that's strange... ( she looked at the screen in a bit of confusion, as the screen said missed call : Takagawa-san) (why is sumire calling nishikata?)

The question hung in her mind with no explanation what so ever coming to her, she saw nishikata running back with two cups of hot chocolate and quickly put his phone back into the bag

Nishikata : I'm back ( he handed her the drink) what are you doing with that bag takagi? ( my employee pass is in there, if she sees it it's over) ( he quickly removed the phone from his bag and tugged it behind him)

Takagi : it's just that your phone rang ( is he trying to hide his phone from me.... Or maybe sumire..... Nah.... That's impossible)

Nishikata : it's time to leave, let get going...

Nishikata and takagi say goodbye to houjou and hamaguchi and start to walk home sipping hot chocolate

Nishikata : that was a great day... I won against you twice!

Takagi : oh don't worry about that, that will never happen again ( I think I have warned shuichi enough)

Nishikata : we'll see about that... ( I've got shuichi on my side)

Takagi : so.... Who was that phone call earlier?

Nishikata : the one from before ( he took out his phone and saw sumire's missed calls) (hmm.... I can't exactly tell her it's Takagawa-san or she will interrogate her...)....... It's shuichi, it was him...

Takagi : oh... ( why is he lying..)

Nishikata : well I guess you learned the how to skate now..

Takagi : yeah thanks for that... Now I can finally tease you ( she was trying to get nad thoughts out of her head)

Nishikata : like I said, I'm not gonna lose easily

Takagi : looks like it's time to go, bye nishikata...

Nishikata waited to see that she was gone when he called sumire.

Nishikata : hello?.... Yeah sorry I wasn't able to take your call.... Yeah I was busy...

Sumire : no problem with that, I just wanna ask is every Monday and Saturday good for the guitar lessons...

Nishikata : yeah it's fine...

Sumire : you still get to walk home with her...

Nishikata : look, having one person to tease you is enough I don't need two.

Sumire : woah, calm down dork.

Nishikata : first please, I'm not a dork and second I have a name you know, just call me nishikata-kun or something...

Sumire : nah, calling you a dork suits you more...

Nishikata : ( he scoffs) well whatever... I guess I'll see you Monday and Saturday after school ok.

Sumire: yeah sure see you tomorrow..

Nishikata : ( he hanged up and muttered to himself) she is so annoying... (and he walked home)

But unbeknownst to him, someone was listening...

Takagi : (I don't know why I came back.... But I need to know what the hell those two are doing together.... Sumire... Please don't let it be what I...)

After nishikata reached home...

Nishikata : shuichi, you need to teach me more tricks....

Shuichi : ( the image of takagi comes to his mind) um... I can't do that sorry...

Nishikata : what?! Why?!

Shuichi : um..... Let's just say I can't...

Nishikata : that's not fair... I was just starting my winning streak...

Shuichi : well, I don't wanna go shopping....

Suika : what was that?

Shuichi : Takagi-chan said if I teach you anymore tricks she will cancel her plans to go shopping with suika and...... I will have to go..

Suika : why do you always hate spending time with me?!

Shuichi : I don't hate spending time with you... I just hate shopping....

Nishikata : ( I really feel sorry for him sometimes)

Shuichi : then help me idiot..

Nishikata : what

Shuichi : nevermind...

Meanwhile at takagi's house, she was laying in bed

Takagi : ( she was imagining all sorts of scenarios in her head, some thoughts were worse enough for her to cry)

----------------------THE END---------------------
940 words