Chapter 10 : Past

Shuichi : Sasha... Go take care of nishikata

Sasha: ok

Takagi : tell me. Now.

Shuichi : it should have been yuki who told you this.....

Takagi : tell me

Shuichi : ( heavy sigh) it's a long story

Suika : do you know about their parents......

Shuichi : our parents died when yuki was 5....... And yuki didn't handle the grief well

Suika : he used to be social, talkative and smart.....

Shuichi : after the car accident he stopped talking to anyone

Suika : as a result he was horrifically bullied by his classmates....

Shuichi : yuki never fought back, as he thought ignoring them will stop them and the school also didn't do anything about the bullying....

Suika : that's when I first met him..... He was just a sad boy so to cheer him up we got him a cat....

Shuichi : the bullies ( children can be sadistic little shits) they killed his cat.... In front of him.... And that's when nishikata snapped

Suika : he wrapped a chain around his fist and beat all of them up...

Shuichi : that should have been the end of it but something changed inside nishikata.....

Suika : he started enjoying taking out his anger on others.... He used violence as a way to handle his grief...( this was the incident )

Shuichi : by the time we knocked some sense back into him it was too late...

Suika : everyone in the school, even some teachers were scared of him and no one talked to him as a result he was very lonely....

Shuichi : before we continue do you know what the placebo and nocebo effects are?

Psychology lecture 2: the placebo and nocebo effects are examples of the power of the human mind. Take this example ; if you are sick and someone gives you medicine and tells you it will cure you, even if the pill does nothing you will still feel better, similarly if you are completely fine and someone gives you a pill which will make you sick, even if this pill does nothing, you will still feel sick. The human mind holds a lot of power, much more than we have discovered yet. Next lecture in 3 weeks goodbye students!

Takagi : yeah, I know what it means

Shuichi : well.... When he was still recovering from grief we took him to a psychiatrist, and he thought yuki had bipolar disorder

Suika : there's also their medical history....

Shuichi : our grandfather had down syndrome, our mother had savant syndrome and frontal temporal dementia and I have extreme high functioning autism he was the only one without a hereditary mental disorder.

Takagi : ( the truth dawns upon her) so he convinced himself that he had bipolar disorder and the nocebo effect.....

Shuichi : exactly.... Because this isnt natural the bipolar disoder isn't strong but causes him to snap sometimes...

Takagi : like today.... He was almost a different person.

Shuichi : he was acting the way he was before we knocked some sense into him....absolutely brutal ( he was enjoying hurting kusuo) when he came too, he collapsed from all the mental stress

Takagi : (poor nishikata) but then -

Sasha : young master is awake

Shuichi : it's better for you to hear from him....

Takagi heads inside to the bedroom where nishikata is sitting on the bed with a emotionless gaze at the ceiling

Takagi : nishikata!! ( she hugs him) I was so worried about you...

Nishikata : why.... I thought you hated me....

Takagi : (in shock) why would I hate you for saving me

Nishikata : so that's my saving grace huh ( his face was still emotionless)

Takagi : shuichi-san told me....

Nishikata : I knew that was bound to happen....

Takagi : nishikata. Why did you ( how do I say it) try to break our friendship

Nishikata : I thought you hated me...

Takagi : I could never hate you

Nishikata : the last time I snapped almost everyone I knew were either afraid of me or hated me so I just assumed....

Takagi : ( poor nishikata) don't worry I don't hate you

Nishikata : (finally shows some emotions) I'm so glad....

Takagi : so now, tell me. Everything ( she said sternly)

Nishikata : ok you know that my mom, my grandpa and my brother are all certified geniuses...

Takagi : yeah...

Nishikata : eversince I recovered from the grief I was compared to my brother in everything from looks to intellect

Takagi : (that must feel so bad)

Shuichi : he's also intelligent but he was compared to me ever since mom passed away...

Nishikata : look at me.... I have nothing my side other than my luck... 1.7 billion dollars? It's all because shuichi is my brother..... I feel like I don't deserve anything

Takagi : so you basically developed an inferiority complex....

Nishikata : that's why after 3 years of suffering from all this... I wanted to start again that's why I transferred to this middle school...

Takagi : ( so that's why he was so socially awkward at first)

Nishikata : but then after having everything Ive done to move on.... 2 years of work... I'm exactly the same old stupid and violent boy... ( he starts to cry)

Takagi : (hugs him and tries to comfort him) (everything is already nishikata...)

Shuichi excuses himself and nishikata falls asleep in takagi's arms. 2 hours later nishikata woke up in her arms

Nishikata : (he was embarrassed at first but) ( I've decided I ran away from from my feelings for way too long) I'm sure of it now, I love her..

---------------------The End-----------------------

Since I am releasing 2 chapters at once this one can be short

904 words