Chapter 53, As together.

Chapter 53, As Together, Never Apart.

~0o0~

Kim went over to the front of the medical tent and went in, she was looking at a paper, she looked up to see Etrius sitting up, causing her to drop her papers, she began running at him and he jumped as he looked up, then braced himself before she could tackle him, but instead of that she slid to a stop in front of him and pulled him into a hug.

"If you ever scare me like that again I'm going to take your thumb!" She threatened in joy.

"What?" Etrius asked.

"Oh, I thought you died!" She held his face still, "You're eyes are really pretty." She got distracted.

"Can you, maybe, relax a little?" He asked.

"I refuse." She leaned into his face more, "You are mine."

"Alright, you're getting creepy." He said.

"That's the point." She smiled, "Now I've gotta go see if Lloyd woke up."

She then began hurrying off, Etrius sighed as he looked away, then he heard Kim squeal in joy.

"Yay! Lloyd!" She cheered, "Can you hear me?!"

There wasn't a reply.

"Oh." Kim sounded sad.

"Oh god!" Lloyd shouted.

"Aw, that's cute." Kim said.

Etrius couldn't help but smile, at least Kim was happy, he slowly stood up and began making his way out of the tent, he opened the front flap and immediately noticed that no one seemed to be there, he looked behind himself before he began heading back in.

"Hey, Kim?" He asked.

"Yeah?" Kim asked from the other room.

"Where is everybody?" He asked.

"Oh, they're finishing up and collecting the artifact." Kim said, "Beecher should be around here somewhere, the two of us were supposed to hang around and make sure nothing bad happened."

She came back into the same section as Etrius.

"And you're up walking around." She said, "That's so good." She sounded sarcastic.

"I didn't see Beecher as all." Etrius said, "Any ideas on where he is?"

"Probably pissing in a corner somewhere." Kim replied, "But my boys are awake! Yay!"

"You said that everyone else was collecting the artifact?" Etrius asked.

"Yeah, they are." Kim replied, "Is there something you need? Water, food, clothes, warmth, a copy of your favorite movie, the guy you're always complaining about at your apartment complex-wait, no, that guy got arrested on drug charges." She was getting distracted again.

"I feel like there's something with that artifact that I know." Etrius said, "Almost like a memory..."

"A memory?" Kim asked, "Like... what?"

"You know how when you tell a story about something that happened before the land mine you always feel like you're forgetting an important part of the story?" Etrius asked.

"Yeah." She replied.

"I think I know how you feel now." He continued, "I know it's somewhere in my head, I just don't know where it is."

Kim suddenly placed her human forearm on Etrius' forehead, seeming concerned.

"I feel fine, for the most part." Etrius said, "My head hurts, but I don't have any other symptoms."