Military; Lloyd.

This is made of fiction.

~so~close~to~the~end~

Lloyd was sitting on a bus that was heading to a military camp, he wasn't sure what was going to happen exactly but he didn't want to go back to the orphanage, he moved slightly and pulled his sword closer to him, the only thing he knew.

Once they reached the camp everyone began to get off, Lloyd got off and realized he wasn't sure where to go, he wandered around slightly, not really talking to anyone, he went around a corner and ran into someone whose arms were completely full of boxes, everything wwent crashing to the floor and Boomer looked down at everything.

"You gotta be kidding me." He said quietly as he starred at the mess.

"I'm sorry." Lloyd said, "I wasn't paying attention."

"No, no, it's fine." Boomer said as he got down, "Just means more work for me."

Lloyd got down and began to help pick everything up, they were both quiet as theey refilled the boxes.

"So." Boomer said as he looked up at him, "Are you a new soldier?"

"Not yet." Lloyd replied, "I just have to pass the physical."

"Oh boy." Boomer said, "All I can say is good luck."

Lloyd just nodded.

"Boomer!" Someone shouted down the hall, they had an armload of boxes as well, "Come on! You're slow as ass!"

"Don't get your panties in a bunch, Razor!" Boomer shouted as he picked up the boxes, "Get off my back!"

He began to go down the hall and followed the other person, Lloyd got up and began trying to find where he needed to go, soon his arm was grabbed he looked to see Etrius.

"This way." He said.

He lead him off to General Adams.

"I found the lost sheep." Etrius said as he let Lloyd go.

"Go right in." Adams said as he gestured to a door.

Lloyd went in and did the physical, as he was waiting for feedback on it the door opened, he looked up to see Adams come in, he grabbed a chair and sat down.

"Are you actually eighteen or are you lying to me?" He asked.

Lloyd was quiet.

"How old are you?" Adams asked.

"Seventeen." Lloyd replied, "I'm here because I didn't want to go back to the orphanage I was at."

"Alright." Adams said, "We'll keep this between you and me."

He got up and left, Lloyd felt slightly relieved that he didn't get in trouble, soon he was given the okay and he went to rest, the next day he went out and get in line with the other soldiers, he was the first person Adams walked up to.

"Ever shot a gun before?" Adams asked.

"I've never touched a gun in my life." Lloyd said, "I only know the sword."

Adams raised an eyebrow at him.

"Only the sword?" He asked.

"Yessir." He said.

Adams began trying to teach him and others how to use a gun, Lloyd didn't seem to be paying attention, Adams got fed up with him slightly and handed him a rifle, he pointed at a target.

"Oh, no sir." He said as he held the gun out to him, "If I try to shoot this I'm going to hurt someone."

"That's a point." Adams said.