Chapter 53, Given Up.

Chapter 53, You Haven't Given Up On Me Yet, Have You?

~T.T~

Kim was pacing outside the medical tent looking panicked.

"So you hadn't even been away from them for thirty minutes?" Boomer asked.

"Hey, a lot can happen in thirty minutes." Razor said, "Besides, time is just a construct of the human mind and we're not sure if that kind of thing applies in an alternate realm of existence."

"Don't go breaking me, I'm trying to think." Boomer covered his mouth, "Explain how you found them again."

"Well, Etrius was laying on the floor and Lloyd was over him checking for a pulse, when I tried to ask what happened Lloyd couldn't hear me." She explained, "After he realized it was me he explained that he wasn't able to hear anything aside from himself and that he wasn't sure what happened to Etrius, he just collapsed."

"Okay..." Boomer scratched the back of his head, "Was there any more information aside from that?"

Kim shook her head.

"I didn't see anything crazy happening beforehand, so I knew he wasn't dying." She said, "I think it has something to do with the parasite."

Boomer sighed again, slowly slumping forward.

"Kim?" Beecher leaned out of the tent.

"Yeah?" He asked quickly.

"Can you get Sarath?" He asked, "Etrius has been mumbling."

"Okay." Kim agreed, "I'll be right back."

She then hurried off, Boomer stood up and looked at Beecher.

"How are they?" He asked.

"I'm getting scared of Etrius." Beecher replied, "I'm pretty sure he's fighting off the parasite right now, and I'm now sure what he'd do to us if the parasite did take over again."

"What was Etrius mumbling about?" Razor asked.

"Sarath." Beecher replied, "I have no idea why, I'm starting to get anxious."

"And Lloyd?" Boomer asked.

"He seems to be doing alright, although I can't find a cause for his sudden loss of hearing." Beecher said, "I'm wondering if it's caused by some of the side effects of this place."

"I wouldn't be surprised." Boomer sighed.

"Beecher." They heard Lloyd say.

He quickly went back into the tent and over to Lloyd, he gently placed his hand on his forehead.

"I'm assuming that's you..." Lloyd trailed off, "I need Sarath."

Beecher just sighed.

"I think Etrius is dying." Lloyd continued, "She's the only one who can help her at this point."

He pat Lloyd's head.

"I'm at the very least assuming that was a yes." Lloyd said, "So, um... thanks bud."

Beecher then began heading out of the medical tent, he saw Kim walking over with Sarath.

"So Lloyd wanted you, too." He said, "You can't really talk with Etrius right now, so go ahead and see Lloyd first."

She didn't say anything as she began heading into the tent.

"Oh, I sure hope Etrius hasn't given up on me." Kim said quietly, "I can't lose him right now..."

Sarath went over to Lloyd and gently placed her hand on his head.

"You wanted me?" She asked.

"Oh thank god, I can hear someone finally." Lloyd said, "I think something's happening to Etrius."