Chapter 26, Breaking Something.

Chapter 26, Someone's Breaking Something, I Just Know It.

~^,^~

As they reached the helipad of the base Kim moved closer to Lloyd, after they landed Kim got up and picked Lloyd up, he was quiet and had his head low, Kim began to take him inside as Beecher went off and found Boomer, him and Razor were getting off another chopper.

"Are you two alright?" Beecher asked as he went over.

"We're fine." Boomer said, "Where's Kim and Lloyd?"

"She cut his leg while throwing him under a door." Beecher replied, "She's currently taking him to the infirmary."

"Glad to know both of them are okay." Boomer said.

"If okay means alive, yes." Razor said.

"That's what it means in our group." Beecher said.

They began to head thier seperate ways.

"Well hello gorgeous!" Pain said loudly from nearby.

Both Boomer and Razor turned to see her standing completely unharmed in a doorway, she looked overly happy.

"Pain?" Boomer asked.

Someone tripped nearby.

"You're alive?" Razor asked.

"I already told you I can't die." She said.

"How are you...? When did...?" Boomer was basically speechless.

"Oh, I was found by a midget and a power man!" She said happily, "Isn't that right, Etrius?"

"Sure." Etrius said from inside the room, "Call me whatever the hell you want."

"You're okay, right?" Boomer asked.

"Aside from the angry man inside my head I'm perfect." She said.

She gave a psychotic smile.

"I won't let him leave." She said happily.

"She's infected." Sarath said from behind Pain.

"Yes, and he hates me." Pain said, "He knows my name and can't stop thinking about it! He blew up half his army!"

Boomer was slightly uncomfortable about how happy she was about it.

"Uh huh." Pain said, "Your new name is Mr. Flufflebutt."

"Your kind is very interesting." Sarath said, "I would like to learn more, maybe even adopt some traits."

"I'll show you the Internet later." Etrius said.

"Internet..." She trailed off, "Sounds exciting!"

"The Internet will have answers to every question you have." Etrius said.

Sarath got rather excited and ran off past Boomer, an excitable little child like her seemed to remind Boomer, Razor and Etrius of someone.

"So where's Kim, Beecher and Lloyd?" Etrius asked.

"From what I heard he got hurt and Kim took him to the infirmary." Boomer said, "Beecher was running off to make sure she didn't break anything, I'm sure of it."

"Probably as sure as I am she did break something." Etrius said.

Boomer chuckled slightly.

Etrius got to the infirmary and went in, Lloyd was sitting on the bed and looked up at him as he came in.

"I heard you got hurt." He said.

"It was just a scratch." He said, "It wasn't as bad as it could have been."