Chapter 48, Lost Friend.

Chapter 48, A Lost Friend Can't Be Found Again.

~*3*~

Kim was hurrying through the camp quickly, just about everyone was talking in a panic, she was pushing through people with no consideration for them, she reached the medical tent and quickly pulled the curtain open, Beecher was looking around the immediate area.

"What the hell happened?!" She asked.

"I don't know." Beecher looked up at her, "He's just... gone."

"He can't be just gone!" Kim sneered, "Did anyone see anything?"

"Not from what I know." Beecher replied, "If someone had seen anything they haven't said anything."

Kim sighed as she looked away.

"Goddamnit!" She shouted, "I swear I'm going to kill someone!"

"Alright, relax." Beecher grabbed her shoulder, "I'm sure Lloyd's fine."

She looked over at him silently.

"Did you see anything?" He asked, "Any visions?"

"No." She looked away, "I just heard Roberts mention that Lloyd vanished."

"Then he's fine." Beecher assured her, "He's not dead, and he's not going to die, otherwise you'd see, right?"

She sighed.

"We still don't know what happened." She said, "He can't stand on his own, and he can't fucking see, so how the hell did he leave?"

"I'm looking for clues right now." Beecher said, "If you want to go ask around maybe someone knows something."

She was silent for a moment as she looked around the tent, everything was perfectly intact aside from the cot Lloyd was on, it had been tipped over onto its side, otherwise, there was no sign of anything, she sighed as she looked at the entrance to the tent.

"Someone's gotta know what happened." She said, "The camp always has good security."

The entrance was thrown open and Boomer came.

"He's actually gone?!" He asked, "What happened?! Where did he go?!"

"Calm down, everything's fine." Kim assured him, "I haven't seen anything about him, so he must be okay."

Boomer sighed as he fell to his knees, immediately crumbling in anguish, Kim went over to him and knelt down.

"Alright, get over the shock." She said, "You stay here and help Beecher while I ask around, alright?"

He sighed heavily as he became a crumpled heap on the ground.

"I've got him." Beecher said, "You go ask around."

Kim got up and began leaving the tent, the first person she saw was Roberts, she immediately went over to him.

"Soldier, report." She ordered, "Have you seen anything, and I mean ANYTHING, out of sorts?"

"N-No, ma'am!" He replied, "I haven't seen anything out of sorts."

She glared at him.

"Then get your ass out there and ask if something happened!" She ordered, point away, "Get a move on!"

Roberts was actually scared for his life so he quickly went off, Kim then began going around glaring at people and ordering for them to report any suspicious activity to her immediately, she was getting frustrated, one of the other soldiers noticed her and began approaching her.