Chapter 39, Choice.

Chapter 39, What Is Your Choice?

~^.^~

Boomer looked at Beecher.

"Where's Etrius?" He asked.

"Where he usually is nowadays." Beecher replied, "He's with Kim."

Etrius was half asleep sitting next to Kim, she was still comatose, he had started to refuse to leave her side unless he absolutely had to, which was surprisingly rare, as he was sitting there he felt someone take his hand, he opened his eyes quickly to see it was nothing, he sighed, he got his hopes up for nothing.

"Etrius?" Boomer asked.

"Yeah?" Etrius asked.

"Are you okay?" Boomer asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Etrius said, "Just..."

"I know." Boomer said, "You just have to have faith."

Etrius didn't say anything as he looked back at her, she was motionless, just as she has been for a while, Boomer went over to him.

"She'll be fine." Boomer assured him as he placed his hand on his shoulder, "She was never one for giving up."

He chuckled slightly.

"Nor was she one for staying down." He said, "Even when she's in bad condition."

Etrius just nodded in agreement, knowing he was right, Boomer pat his shoulder and started to leave, Etrius sighed again and continued to sit there, watching Kim as she laid there, after a while, he slowly started to fall asleep again, he had been fighting sleep for quite some time now but was actually getting tired, after a moment he finally fell asleep.

Etrius woke up in a black void, he looked around quickly to see nothing but darkness, he looked at his hands just to make sure it wasn't just dark or if he just couldn't see, he could still see his hands so something must have been happening.

"You appear to be confused, why is that?"

Etrius quickly turned around and looked for the source of the voice, he didn't see anyone, he started looking more desperately.

"Why so panicked?" It sounded as if it was coming from everywhere, "Must you always face what you fear face on?"

Etrius looked around more.

"You don't have to worry, Etrius." The voice echoed, "I am not the enemy here."

"What do you mean?!" Etrius asked angrily.

"The enemy why have been looking for, we both know who it is." The voice echoed, "He shot you."

Suddenly, all around him, the scene of him getting shot played, he watched in both horror and surprise.

"Why are you following such a traitor?" The voice asked, "Because that little Parasite girl said so?"

The disembodied voice laughed, allowing the dark sound echo through the void, Etrius attempted to face the creature again.

"She's not worth your time, Etrius, she's only a lier." The voice said, "She's keeping you from your true potential."

"Potential?" Etrius asked, "What nonsense are you spouting?!"

It laughed again.

"The powers you possess are that of power, it can not only save the dimension you call home, but..." The voice trailed off.