Chapter 46, Problems.

Chapter 46, Problems Come When I'm Alone.

~^w^~

Lloyd was being a dead body again but this time it was Razor carrying him around, Razor was describing imaginary things to the limp body in his arms, Boomer was walking behind him making sure Lloyd didn't get hurt or even more broken, everyone had been doing their best to continue exploring the tunnels, so far they've found two staircases but they weren't doing too well, seeing as how just about every corner they went around had at least one freak, Andreas had been kicking ass with his battle ax and Abacas was getting jealous, Beecher was sitting near the medical tent either reading or writing something, Kim quietly walked up beside him.

"Beecher?" She asked.

He looked up at her, immediately seeming worried with how absolutely terrified she looked.

"What's going on?" He asked as he closed his book, "What happened?"

She looked around slightly before he rubbed her arm.

"We need to talk." She said quietly.

He got up quickly, she grabbed his arm and dragged him off and out of the camp, they eventually reached a secluded room, she let him go before she turned to him, her head was low but he could see tears dripping off her chin, he gently grabbed her arm.

"What happened?" He asked as carefully as possible.

She lowered her head more as she began to shake.

"It's Etrius..." She said quietly.

"Etrius?" Beecher asked.

She nodded quickly.

"It's bad..." She said quietly, "I just... don't know what to do."

She started to sob slightly, her body shaking, Beecher squeezed her arm slightly.

"Are they visions?" Beecher asked.

She was quiet for a moment before she leaned against him slightly.

"The past two minutes, I've seen him die 47 times." She said quietly, "18 of those times were by himself, once by that leviathan thing, and... and the rest was him laying on the floor..."

She gently pushed herself on him more.

"It hurts..." She said quietly, "I can't do anything to help him, and I don't know when he'll die..."

He finally hugged her, she buried her face into his chest as she began sobbing louder, Beecher completely understood why she was so upset and freaked out, she usually got like this when she was seeing visions of someone she had no contact with, he rubbed her shoulder slightly as he tried to comfort her, she cried for a good few minutes before she began to calm down, she backed away slightly and Beecher let her go.

"I'm sure Etrius will be fine." Beecher assured her, "He can survive anything, I know."

She didn't say anything, he was waiting for any sort of reply from her.

"Was it a waste...?" She asked softly.

"Waste?" Beecher asked, "What?"

"Me saving Etrius...?" She asked, "Was it a waste?"

"No, it wasn't." Beecher said, "And there was no way we could have known this all was going to happen."

She looked distressed as she lowered her head again, but then looked up at him again, her left cheek completely drenched from tears.

"I never wanted to think that the death of a family member could be beneficial, but..." She trailed off as she looked away again, "Etrius is... I just..."

"Hey, stop thinking about it." Beecher said, "He's been cheating death just about as much as the rest of us."

She sighed, looking off into the darkness, Beecher gently rubbed her back, he was doing the best he could to help her, she's never had a problem like this before when she saw someone die more than once within ten minutes, let alone two, he stood there with her for a moment longer before she finally moved away from him, she used her left arm to wipe her eyes before she sighed.

"I'm composed." She claimed, "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Beecher just wanted to make sure.

"Yes." She replied, "I have to keep going to make sure we get back to that bastard."

He clentched her fist angrily.

"And I swear, when I see him again I'm going to bitch-slap that parasite right out of his system." She growled, "Then I'm going to beat his ass for letting that happen to him."

Beecher gave a worried smile, personally he'd like to stay away from her hands when she's in a punching mood.

"Alright." He said, "Perhaps when he get's his mind back he'll be expecting it."

She smiled slightly, he was glad he managed to get her spirits up at least a little bit, the two of them finally began heading back to the basecamp, once they got back they saw Boomer was now carrying Lloyd as Razor was crawling around on the floor, he was wearing a random pair of cargo shorts and a tee-shirt along with a hat that looked kind of like a cowboy hat, he went up behind the general and somewhat stood up, the general wasnt't wearing his hat and was slightly scratching his head.

"Lookie there, it's a very rare creature indeed, especially without his gratest protetion, his hat." Razor said in a poor Australian accent, going full Steve Irwin, "Such a magnificent sight, something mostly unseen."

The general gave him a dark look as he slipped his hat back on.

"Cricky! He's Angry!" Razor shouted, "Let's get a move on quick!"

He began running off while flailing his arms, everyone was completely silent until his footsteps disappeared.

"Alright." Lloyd said, "I think I'm done for today."

Boomer said nothing as he began carrying him back to the medical tent, Beecher sighed as he began heading back to the tent as well, Kim sighed as she began walking away, Beecher went in and saw Boomer leaving the area Lloyd has been staying in, he immediately noticed Beecher.

"What happened to Kim?" He asked.

"Nothing much." Beecher replied.

"That's a lie." Boomer said, "It's a lot easier to tell when she's upset than you're letting on, what happened?"

Beecher sighed slightly, then told him what happened.

"Good god." Boomer said once he finished, "That doesn't sound good."

"I'm certain that Etrius is fine." Beecher said, "I'm mostly worried about what she said she'd do."

Boomer was just quiet.

"And that would be...?" He asked quietly.

"She'd bitchslap the parasite out of him then beat his ass for letting it happen." Beecher replied.

"Yeah, she'll bitchslap it out alright." Boomer said, "But she'd probably hug him to death from joy before she could beat his ass."

Beecher chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess." He agreed.

Beecher began heading off to check on Lloyd as Boomer began going off to find his chaotic brother.

~Woo!~

It took me a hot minute to finish this chapter but I did it, and wow is there a lot of drama now...

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and whatever it had to offer, I don't exactly have much to say about this chapter, but...

I wonder what Etrius is doing...?