Chapter 28, Too Far.

Chapter 28, Too Far.

~>.<~

Sarath was standing in silence, staring at the wasteland of her world, the empty plains and dry riverbeds, she imagined the days when the lands were green and full of life, the wildlife seeming to dance through the tall foliage.

"Are you okay?" Lloyd asked as he walked over to her.

She watchedd as the land returned to the dark she had gotten so used to.

"I am dangerous." She replied.

"Dangerous?" Lloyd asked, "How?"

She looked over at him with a distant look, she felt as if she couldn't really see him, only see what was just beyond him.

"Parasite's destroy worlds." She said, "We distroy worlds."

Lloyd was quiet.

"I think you're over thinking thing." He said, "Try to slow down and take it easy."

She silently stared at him, his form shifting in her eyes.

(We distroy all that get's in our way...) A voice echoed in her mind.

"What's that look for?" Lloyd asked.

Sarath watched as she reached out to Lloyd, she held her hand out for a moment before Lloyd took it, she pulled as hard as she could and watched as Lloyd's distorted figure disappeared over the edge of the building.

"Sarath?" Lloyd asked.

Sarath opened her eyes and looked up, she was sitting with her legs close in the corner of some room, she had tears streaming down her face, Lloyd was knelt down a little ways from her.

"Are you okay?" Lloyd asked, "You were screaming."

She was quiet as she looked around the room, Lloyd waited paitiently for a reply.

"I..." She breathed out, "I had a bad dream."

Lloyd looked a little confused, but mostly worried.

"I thought you couldn't dream." Lloyd said.

She was quiet, she looked away from him.

"I don't want to admit it was a vision." She said, "It scared me."

"Well..." Lloyd trailed off, "If it was a vision then you should be able to avoid it now."

Sarath looked back at him.

"Kim has visions all the time about people dying, and because of that she usually can avoid it by interfering with the current situation in order to change what would and could happen." Lloyd said, "I think it's the same cercemstances here."

She was quiet.

"If there's anything I need to do I will." Lloyd said.

"Just..." She trailed off, "Don't take my hand... please..."

Lloyd nodded.

"I won't." He said.

He stood up and looked down at her.

"Would you like to take a walk with me?" He asked, "I'm sure it's been a good few centuries since you've seen plantlife."

She silently agreed and followed him out of the base.

Kim was sitting with Etrius and Beecher as she was talking about some nonsense, something about a horse eating a frog and tripping out, the both of them weren't really paying attention, Boomer came in and looked at Kim.