epilogue

mackenzie

-three years later-

"I'm nervous." I whisper while looking down at my long white flowy dress. The beautiful lace pattern never fails to amaze me. I've had this gown picked out for a while now and it still gives me goosebumps.

"Why? You've already done this before." Jade teases and I shake my head back and forth.

"Ha ha, how funny." I sarcastically remark while laughing.

"This time is the real deal. In a few short minutes, Grayson is going to be your husband. Your fairy tale is coming true." Jade beams while holding onto my bouquet of flowers.

"This wedding is very different from the last." I mutter, thinking back on my previous one.

There aren't any similarities between the two, except that Jade is still my maid of honor. Ever since Grayson asked me to marry him six months ago, I already decided what type of ceremony I wanted.

I disregarded all of my vision boards and journal entries about my ideal wedding. I had it traditional and classic the first time around, but now all the rules are being broken.

Just like our whirlwind relationship, everything is fresh and exciting. Grayson and I are tying the knot on the beach where we fell in love.

There will be no priest and the guest list is short. It's an intimate ceremony with Mom and Charlie, Sean and Lisa, and our friends.

Ethan is the best man and, ironically and hilariously, Adam is going to marry us. He registered to be a wedding officiant last month, so everything is legal. I wouldn't want to have it any other way. My gown is elegant yet casual, going perfectly with the theme.

"I've been waiting for this day for years. You and Grayson are the perfect couple, you really bring out the best in each other." Jade gushes.

"Just like you and Ethan." I point out with a smirk.

A blush forms on her face at the mention of her boyfriend. "What can I say? He snuck up on me."

"Those Dolan's always do. It's part of their charm."

We learned at the 4th of July party that Ethan and Jade were secretly hooking up that summer. They took a page out of Grayson and I's handbook.

At first Adam was pissed that he was left in the dark, but of course he warmed up to it. He has a girlfriend now, a sweet woman named Layla, so he knows what it's like to care deeply for somebody.

Ethan treats Jade like a queen. It was beautiful to watch them fall in love over the years. Just like my relationship with Grayson, there's started out hot and heavy but blossomed into a strong and loving romance.

I personally love it because we go on double dates all the time. I'm hoping she can be my sister-in-law one day.

"Are you lovely ladies ready?" Mom's voice grabs my attention as she approaches us. She looks beautiful in her baby pink dress.

"Yes, we're super excited." Jade squeezes onto my hand.

"Is Charlie ready to give me away? Again?" I can't help but laugh.

"He's even more excited this time around. I mean, we all are. I am so happy for both you and Grayson. The love you two share is so special." Mom says while pulling me into a hug.

"You said it best. I've always belonged with Grayson." I blush while thinking back to her previous words.

"You two are perfect together. He's truly your soulmate, baby." She squeezes onto me.