chapter twelve: getaway car

grayson

The music is blasting and the drinks are flowing the minute I walk through the doors of this party. People are dancing everywhere, multiple beer pong games are being played, and there's strobe lights flickering at a fast pace.

The jacuzzi in the middle of the living room is the hot spot. There's three girls twerking and dancing with guys hyping them up.

Beau was always a big party animal so it's no surprise he throws crazy parties. Not only was he an amazing wide receiver, he could also kick your ass in the beer olympics. Any time, any day.

"How awesome is this?" Adam has a huge smile on his face as he turns to look at me. "Damn, I wish Ethan was with us."

"He's lame." I roll my eyes.

My twin didn't feel like going out since he has to wake up early tomorrow. He's teaching one of our neighbors how to surf and wanted to get a good night's sleep. Fuck that.

"We need drinks. Immediately." Adam says matter-of-factly as he walks over to the kitchen. I squeeze my way through and look toward the beer pong game.

"Yo!" Beau suddenly approaches us. His brown curly hair is messy and damp from being in the hot tub. His green eyes come into contact with my own as he smirks at us. "There you two are."

"Are you trying to one-up me with the parties?" Adam chuckles while patting his shoulder.

"I don't know about that, you're the king." Beau shakes his head before looking at me. "Gray, I'm glad you're here. I have a fireball shot with your name on it."

"Yes, get him drunk ASAP. He's been in a funk lately." Adam glances back at me.

I used to chug fireball from the bottle back in college and not throw it up. It was by far the biggest blessing ever, even though Kenzie used to call me a tool for showing that skill off. Fuck, I can't start thinking about her now. She needs to leave my brain.

"Where's the shot?" I ask while watching him walk toward the counter.

Beau takes the bottle and pours the alcohol into three shot glasses. One for me, one for Adam, and one for himself. I hold onto it and sigh.

"To a night we'll never forget." He smirks.

"Or we will." Adam says and we all laugh.

"Cheers, boys." I say and take the shot. The cinnamon flavor burns my throat.

"Another." Adam demands, and before I know it, three shots are being shoved down my throat. I guess this is exactly what I needed. A night full of alcohol and distractions. I'm already buzzed and feeling myself loosen up from all of the drinks I've consumed.

Adam and I immediately hit the kegs, allowing him to do his infamous stands. I cheer him on from the sidelines as girls chant his name.

"Your turn, Gray." Beau drags me over once Adam is done chugging the alcohol.

"I haven't done one of these in years." I look down at it.

"Well, now's your chance."

Before another word can slip out of my mouth, I'm being lifted up by my former teammates. My body flips upside down as beer sprays into my mouth from the keg.

I gulp it down in record time, causing loud applause and cheers to erupt in the house.

"Fuck yeah!" Adam calls out while shaking my shoulders.

"Let me do another." I insist with a smirk.

I'm feeling like a king as the night goes on. I'm drinking with my boys, dancing like an idiot, and reminiscing on the glorious days of being on the football team.