chapter eleven: out of the woods

mackenzie

When my eyes finally open, I'm met with Grayson's dark and messy bedroom. Furrowing my eyebrows, I turn over on the mattress and see that it's empty. He's no longer lying next to me. I stretch my arms over my head and let out a yawn.

Glancing down at my naked body, I feel like a complete mess. My hair is wild and crazy and my legs are already sore.

I look at the digital clock on his night stand and see that it's almost midnight. I have no idea where Grayson went, but I immediately need to take a hot shower.

"Gray?" I call out while standing up. My baggy clothes are scattered across his floor, along with my sports bra and underwear.

"Grayson?" I slowly peek my head out of his room, seeing a quiet and empty condo.

I shut the door behind me and make my way into the bathroom, not giving a crap that I'm not wearing any clothes. I turn the shower water on and make sure it's steaming hot. I want to be relaxed and refreshed before I go back to my house.

I glance at myself in the mirror as I let the water run. I don't recognize the girl staring back at me. She has hickeys on her chest along with a brand new sex drive that didn't exist before her best friend.

What the hell is going on with me? Do I like this version of myself? Is this who I was always meant to be? A wild vixen who doesn't care about anything?

I get into the shower and emerge myself into the hot water. I run a hand through my hair and lean against the tile wall.

Grayson's sexy smirk immediately pops into my brain. It never got me worked up before, but now my heart is racing at the thought of it. He's so goddamn attractive. I've always known it, but now he's really consuming me.

It's crazy to think this is the same Grayson Dolan who broke his arm in sixth grade from falling off a swing.

The same boy who ruined my science fair project in tenth grade because he knocked it off my desk. The boy who always makes fun of me for believing in true love.

Suddenly I want him to constantly rip off my clothes and throw me on my bed. Sex makes sense when it's with him.

He makes me feel comfortable and confident in my body. I think I should stop fighting these underlying feelings.

I'm not sure if they're romantic, but I sure as hell feel something for him. Maybe we can continue being friends with benefits for the summer.

I think I can handle that without catching any real feelings for him, at least I hope I can.

I try to push the negatives to the side and continue on with my shower. It's definitely loosening me up. I was starting to feel tense and anxious.

The bathroom door suddenly opens and closes with a thud. My heart rate increases as I bite down on my lower lip. Having shower sex with Grayson right now would probably be bad, but it's all I'm thinking about.

I smirk and pull the curtain open. "Ready for round two-"

"What the fuck?!"

"Oh my god!" I scream the second I see Ethan standing in front of the toilet, his hand is placed over the zipper on his jeans.

He jumps back and I quickly close the curtain, knowing damn well he just saw me naked. Great. Now both of my childhood best friends know what I look like without my clothes on.

"Mackenzie?!" He loudly shrieks.

"What are you doing in here?" I gasp and lean against the tile wall again.