chapter thirty five: love story

grayson

The weather is hot, the music is loud, the drinks are flowing, and everyone is planning on being wasted before the firework show on the beach tonight. Yup, it's a typical 4th of July party, hosted by the one and only Jennings twins.

I swear every year their parties get bigger and bigger. How do they find all of these people? I will never know. Nor do I really give a shit. What I do know is that I have my girl back and all is right in the world.

My arm slips around Kenzie's waist as we walk through the doors of the beach house. Shit, It's already packed.

There's people running around, doing keg stands, and dirty dancing in the living room. I wasn't expecting anything less from a party that Adam and Jade throw.

"It's already insanely crowded, I didn't think we were late. What time were we supposed to get here?" Kenzie laughs while looking up at me.

I glance at her, gazing into her gorgeous hazel orbs. Fuck, I can't even look at her anymore. She captivates every part of me. Her eyes, her lips, my diamond necklace that's perfectly placed on her collarbone. She's otherworldly.

"Gray." She giggles while leaning into me.

"Sorry, I was too busy admiring you. Did I tell you that you look beautiful today?" I say while checking out her outfit. She's wearing a white sundress that has a floral pattern across it. I love the way it hugs onto her body.

"About a hundred times." A blush sweeps across her cheeks as she grins at me.

"Make it a hundred and one. You look beautiful today." I whisper while tightening my grip on her.

"I love this sappy side of you. It's truly adorable." She places her hand on my cheek, causing me to grow red.

"I need to control it sometimes. I can't get too soft." I try to play it cool by rolling my eyes.

Deep down I know I can't fake it for much longer. Kenzie always sees right through my bullshit. I'm totally mesmerized by her.

I now understand what Nicholas Sparks and Shakespeare were talking about in their romance novels. And the fact that I even know who those people are is a clear indication that I have it bad.

I've never fallen for a girl as hard as I fell for my best friend. Everything makes sense when it's with Kenzie.

She sees the good in me and makes me become a better man every day. Ever since we were kids she's challenged me, but it's deeper than ever before.

"Don't be embarrassed, I think it's cute that you're a softie now." She rubs her lips together before leaning on her tiptoes to attach her mouth to mine.

I kiss her back and smile. My arm continues to stay on her lower back as I slip my tongue into her mouth. Kenzie gasps while deepening our kiss.

"Jesus, get a room you two." My brother's voice breaks us apart.

Turning my head, I see Ethan and Adam approaching us with Jade trailing behind them. Adam is pretending to gag as my twin shakes his head.

"Yeah, you're being too damn cute." Adam smirks while staring at us.

"I love seeing you guys together. It makes me so happy." Jade squeals while wrapping her around my girl's shoulder.

"Me too." Kenzie giggles while agreeing.

"Dude, this party is awesome." I complement while greeting Adam.

"Thanks, man. We're very festive for the holiday this year." He motions around the large house.