CHAPTER 23

NQOBILE

It has been weeks now ever since the disappearance of Esethu. I don't know how many times I went to that house where we were residing at for the couple of days in search of her, hoping to find her, and to no avail. That place really is abandoned, and when I asked the neighbors they all told me the same thing, that there hasn't been anyone coming in that house. I pray & hope that Esethu is safe wherever she is, and that this Dom man ain't torturing her because he is evil. Anyway, after being dropped off here by quick finger I've got to learn that Bonolo together with my brother are also nowhere to be found they've been missing for days. We've searched everywhere for them, and to no avail we've even stopped searching for them it's useless, even those stupid cops aren't helping. I would like to believe that, those Italians that took Esethu are the ones who took my brother, and Bonolo captive, I don't even want to think of the worst right now, worry myself about what these men are doing to them, or if they are still alive.

They took them captive because of what they did to Esethu, but my brother did nothing, so, I don't know why they took him. That's the only logical reason explanation I have for now as to why they took them captive, I'm just glad that no one suspects me, well, why would they because I have no connections with these Italians, none whatsoever. And some of those Italians that I saw were there ones who cleaned Esethu out. I wanted to tell her, but Silver threatened me, and to save myself I opted not to tell her anything because he made it very clear that he will kill me, and bury my body at my parents gate, and my family will watch me being buried. The look in his eyes was enough to scare the shit out of me, but then again I really miss Esethu even though our friendship was for a few weeks, but she made it worthwhile, and she is so wild talk about risk-takers abo if I die, I die kind of people, hahaha. My life have become so boring lately with nothing to do apart from going to work, and coming back home to an empty house.

I get to X's car wash, yeah I used to work here as a car wash babe, and that's how I met Bonolo. He didn't like me working here, so he made things happen for me, and secured me a job at Legit, I was very much thankful to him, but then he started controlling me, choosing friends for me, and what to wear, when, and who must I hang with. When to go, and visit my family. I thought that he was doing all of it out of love, but no man, thinking about it now, he was actually abusing me. Yes, he was abusing me physical too, and that to me that's what I knew as abuse not the controlling he did.

“Awww, look who decided to pay us a visit after a decade,” I laugh as Clarah attacks me with a hug.

“You guys are still my family I had to come, and visit, and see how the car wash is doing, and I must say that I'm impressed. You guys really made it the best of the best, hhayi sana you have no competition.” We sit down.

Her: “Thank you my love, team work. So, where have you been?”

Me: “Been around hey.”

Her: “That's good. Still no sign of Bonolo & your brother?” I heave out a sigh.

Me: “Yes. And I'm running out of patience yazi, if only I knew if they are safe or what.”

Her: “Didn't they have enemies maybe, or people whom they crossed their lines with unaware?”

Me: “I wouldn't know babes because I don't know what they were getting themselves into when they went out.”

Her: “They would be found. Let me get us something drink.” She gets up from the chair, and walks away. While waiting for her to come back, I spot Xolani from a distance he is with some dread headed guy, it looks like they are having a very heated conversation. Xolani have been my crush since high school, but he never took notice at me, not ever I don't blame him though because I was not the best looking, or had the sexiest body, I was just your average light skinned girl who had no friends. When I came to work here I wanted him to notice me, I mean I was all grown now, and had meat in all the right places, but he still didn't take notice of me, then along came Bonolo who noticed me, and made me his.