CHAPTER 11

ESETHU

Whoever cleaned me out really did me bad, but what I don't understand is how come my landlord and the other tenants did not see anything, because the Butler makes loud noise when you open it? It just doesn't make sense, at all. Or maybe they ignored whatever happened out of spite because of the fact that I don't greet them? But then again, I don't get paid for greeting them. Sighs, this is bad. Now I have to start all over again, they even took the Fridge couldn't they at least leave the food, and take the fridge only. I have nowhere to go, and I am most definitely not going back to Italian Dom's house, I will just have to sleep while sitting.

“Now, where to from here”? Quick finger asks me leaning against the door frame.

“You can leave I will take it from here”.

Him: “Leave you here? I will do no such thing Signora, even if I do what will you use to sleep”?

Me: “I will sleep while sitting it's fine, and besides I still need to talk to my landlord and ask him who took my stuff, and where was he? There is no way in hell that no one here did not see who took my stuff. I can't say is the old woman I left, but then what do I know? Maybe it's her with the help of my landlord and other family members of theirs”. He snorts.

Him: “What if your landlord was not around when all of this happened? Or maybe it happened at night, and he was sleeping by then, and did not get to hear a thing”? I sigh. He might be right. But either way there is no way that he did not hear anything he is a light sleeper. I bite my nails, and that's another habit I will have to do away with before I end up not having nails at all, but where to begin? Argh, I'll just suck it up, hopefully one day I will do away with it. “So, what are you going to do now”?

Me: “I will stay here, and wait for my landlord to come back from wherever”.

Him: “You can't stay here Signora. It's no good, and there's no food to eat here, let's go”.

Me: “I am not going back to that house Quick finger, I am not. I don't want to die mnqundu”. I hear some footsteps, wait someone is actually dragging his/her feet approaching my room of which is irritating if you ask me. Why can't she/he walk normal like every other person out there”.

“Hello Esethu”. Its Nqobile. I roll my eyes at her, ufunani la? Her gaze is stuck at Quick finger who is not even acknowledging her presence busy whistling.

“Hi”. I respond.

Her: “And I guess you were going to leave without saying goodbye”.

Me: “Leave? Leave to where”?

Her: “I don't know. I thought that you were moving out when I saw a truck packing your stuff few hours ago”. What? I quickly get up from the floor.

Me: “Truck? What truck? I don't remember hiring a truck. What did the truck look like”?

Her: “Well, the truck was your normal delivery/packing truck but the people who were packing your things were...”. Her voice trails off as she looks at Quick finger, I avert my eyes to Quick finger, and he is playing with his firelighter looking at us whistling. So, I don't know why her voice trailed off.

Me: “People? Talk Nqobile. What people dammit”?

Her: “People I've never seen before, and they looked so strange”.

Me: “Haike! Strange how”?

Her: “Just strange Esethu”.

Me: “Why didn't you ask them who sent them or called the neighbours or something”.