CHAPTER 33

ESETHU

My son is a month old now and I must say that I'm very proud of myself for being a great mother to h. Who knew that one day I will love Antonio so much rather than hating him as I did whilst I was still pregnant with him. Gosh, I didn't want anything to do with him then, but now? I can even kill for him. Billy is such a great father honestly, one can't tell that we are new parents and it's all thanks to youtube videos and google. The Nqungula's? They were here a week go outside the yard shouting and screaming clearly wanting attention from the neighbors of which they never did, or maybe they did get it, but not in a way that they were expecting because people here have high walls in their yards. Vatiswa even tried opening the gate only to find that the locks were changed, I didn't even bother to go outside and reprimand them, and Billy was at work as usual. They ended up leaving on their own accord. Anyway, he bought me a new phone, more expensive and advanced than the one he previously bought me.

So, I'm getting ready to go to the mall it's been a year and a couple of months since I went out & spoiled myself a little, as I said a month back, I need to get back in the game and reclaim my life. Well, Billy is the one who actually persuaded me to claim my life back and to go out there, and enjoy myself,  the therapy is really helping the both of us to heal. But I know that Billy is putting on an act, he may change for me & Antonio, maar that toenail of a devil lodged in his will always be there for his enemies.

He even hired me a driver, he will be the one driving me and a body guard too because he doesn't trust the Ngunqula's, he fears that they might kidnap me and do their dirty deeds too, like Andile forcing himself on me only because he wants an heir. And I quote “I ain't going to risk about your lives because we don't know what those lunatics are planning for you & Antonio. You should've just allowed me to put a bullet in their brains once and for all.” Ncahhh shame, he cares.

An hour later we are here at the mall, and it's packed this is not how I've planned my day, I don't want to be in a crowded area I need to breathe, but I'm here now I might as well go in & explore. The guard is walking beside me, he ain't wearing a suit like bodyguards he's wearing a pair of jeans and a simple shirt with sneakers one can never tell that he's a bodyguard, and he's none South African. I don't even know which nationality he is, but he is from the neighboring countries, oh well. Antonio is inside his stroller sleeping I guess.

“E- Esethu.” Someone calls out to me in a low voice more like whispering, and it sounds very familiar. I swirl my head around and it's... Urh, Sarel. Yeah, it's him, he still looks good. “Is this really you?” What does he mean by ‘is this really you?’ I just gaze at him blankly. “Well, long time. Look at you looking more beautiful than the last time I saw you.”

“Hi, Sarel. How can I assist you? And if the last sentence was a compliment, thank you.”

Him: “Oh, no sweety. I don't need any assistance I'm just stunned to see you.”

Me: “Why are you? Or you thought that your plan of selling me to that beret tail dick friend of yours will make you rich? You thought that I was dead right seeing that I've disappeared for a year, I'm sure you even had a celebration party with your friends who can't afford their lifestyle for me right? I chuckle. “You know, I thought you were a good person, but I was lying to myself, I shouldn't have agreed to go out with you that night. I should've known that your persuasion had queasy intentions behind it. It was all too good to be true. How does it feel selling girls to your wealthy business friends? You know what, don't answer me. And again it was lovely seeing you again, Sarel.”

Him: “Oh, yes. Likewise. Urh...m, is that your baby?”

Me: “No, I'm his nanny. Bye.” I walk away not giving him a chance to chat me up any further because he will end up ruining my day and I don't want that! My phone rings and it's Billy, sighs. Ufunani naye. “Billy.”