CHAPTER 12

X

I shoot my eyes open when I feel a tiny hand brushing my hand, my face beams with joy when I see Lethabo looking at me, but she looks confused. I kiss her all over her face since the oxygen mask was taken out last night or early this morning I'm not sure seeing that I fell asleep, and judging by the sun outside it's almost afternoon, I wonder for how long have I been sleeping.

“Hey Princess. It's me Dada, how are you”? She moves her eyes around until they land on the water tub that's next to the window. I get up from my chair to get her some water when a nurse walks in.

“Good morning Xolani. Lethabo. How are you”? She is standing near her bed with a pad in her hands she looks so beautiful in her work uniform, her smile is what attracts me more she is a goddess. Too perfect, and she will never go for guys like me I can only admire from a distance. I snap out of my thoughts when my hand burns causing me to drop the plastic glass on the floor.

“Shit”! They both look at me, and she hurries towards me when she sees the mess I created mxm, I'm such a fakhashit.

Her: “Are you okay”? She gets hold of my hand, and analyse it.

Me: “I'm fine it's just a minor burn nothing I can't handle”.

Her: “No. Let go and get you some antispec and Betadine for your hand I'll be back.

“So, were you going to make me drink hot water Dada”? Lethabo asks me, I walk up to her.

Me: “No Princess it was for me I was going to get you your water after I was done drinking mine”. She giggles, and covers her eyes with her tiny hands.

Her: “You are such a bad liar Dada. Where's Mommy”? I sigh, I was hoping that she will not ask, but now that she did I will have to lie to her.

Me: “She is busy with something she will come, and see you”.

Her: “Oh, okay. Was she also visiting me”?

Me: “Yes, she was”.

Her: “When am I going home”? The door opens, and the nurse steps in she has all the necessities with her. Hhayi maarn, muhle lo sisi.

“Ngom'lo. Please lend me your hand”. I shake my head. “Why are you being stubborn”? She puts her hands on her figure.

Me: “I am not being stubborn, I am fine, and I will really appreciate it if we don't discuss about it any further”.

Her: “Whatever. Let me focus on this little cutie”.

Me: “I will come back to check up on you later Princess. Should I bring you anything”?

Her: “Chocolate, chips, yoghurt, peanuts, cake and raisins with lots & lots of juice”. I laugh, and shake my head.

Me: “Haike, I don't think the Doctors would allow that Princess you need to eat food with more vitamins & protein's”.

Her: “Now, I miss your mother Dada”!

Me: “And she misses you too Princess I will come with her later on”.

Her: “And Mommy too”. I look at the nurse, and she is busy doing her business not minding us.

Me: “I will. Excuse me nurse”.

Her: “Yes”. She responds without even looking at me.

Me: “When will my daughter be discharged”?

Her: “I'm not a doctor, hopefully in a day or 2 we still want to see if she is responding well to everything”.

Me: “Okay, thank you”. I kiss Lethabo's forehead, and walk out of the ward.