CHAPTER 38

LONDIWE

Steven is busy humming as he prepares dinner for us, I wonder what got him excited, and I won't even bother asking him, I have a lot on my plate too.

“My love, I have good news for you. In fact, great fucking news. We will be rolling in money very soon. We can go to Mauritius, and possibly buy a new house eventually. My love, we are going to be rich!”

“How many banks did you rob?”

Him: “I haven't robbed any bank, darling. You remember Daniel from Thailand?”

Me: “Billy's girls' buyer?” He nods. “What about him?”

Him: “Well, he called me a few hours ago, and asked me to organize girls for him raging from 12-18 years old, and he's going to reimburse me greatly.”

Me: “What about Billy? Won't he be indignant that you are supplying his buyer with girls?”

Him: “Not at all. Billy is the one who referred him to me. He's done with all of this human trafficking shit.”

Me: “What? But why? Oh, let me guess. It's Esethu. Esethu forced him to leave the human trafficking business knowing very well that it's the one that's generating Billy more money. How did Billy allow her to drag him down? They are not even married yet, and she's already controlling him? Billy is really stupid. He has become so weak ever since he started seeing Esethu. Esethu is a bad influence, and she's too toxic!”

Him: “At least she's not covetous and in competition with herself, unlike someone that I know. Esethu is all about happiness and living life to the fullest. And just so you know, Esethu didn't compel Billy to leave the human trafficking business. He decided on his own since he has a family that he loves & that loves him back, this should be a lesson to you that a man who really loves his woman will change for her without her even asking him. Billy loves Esethu, he has proven it so many times already. Just swallow your covetousness and take notes. Your little sister is going places, and for the fact that Billy referred his best buyer to me, means a lot to me. All you've got to do is just congratulate me, and then we move. Who knows, maybe we can even buy a new house in Madison and leave this canteen we call a house.”

I blink a couple of times not believing that he said all that he said. Steven, my husband talking rubbish. And what exactly does he mean when he says “men who truly love their women will change for them? Does this mean? Oh, hell to the fucking no! Well, she might be right about me being in competition with myself, Esethu doesn't give a flying fuck about me. Mxm, bullshit.

Me: “So, you don't love me enough to change for me? Is that what you are saying?”

Him: “I love you, enough. But not enough for me to change for you especially now, maybe when we were starting out I would've changed. Wait, when we convened I didn't know anything and shit about drugs & human trafficking until you introduced me to that friend of yours. You are the one who introduced me to this lifestyle and not once did you try and talk me out of it, you jostled me in too deep that there was no way out. Esethu found Billy in the business already, and dragged him out of it. Esethu knows the importance of making your man a better man, and stirring him into the right path. You start taking notes. But whatever shit you don't tell me to stop trafficking girls, just don't.”

Me: “Wow.” That's all I say, I have nothing else to say. Steven really muffled me, I'm taken aback by the two statements he stated. It's conspicuous that he's very fond of Esethu, and will say anything to tick me off, and it's working. He knows how to thread, I applaud him. “Guess you will want the drug business too should he decided that he wants out?”

Him: “Where money is involved, count me in. I'd die for that shit, even though I will leave it here in this world at some point. You know this, my love, I don't even know why am I telling you what you already know. Money is everything, I mean, it got you your whole career if it wasn't for it, I don't know where you'd be. But one thing I know is that, you will be most def with me,” he winks at me. Piece of shit.