CHAPTER 6

ESETHU

Sarel has been calling me none stop, and sending me messages I don't think he understands that I am ignoring him I don't want to go out with them. Why is he being persistent? It's sickening & annoying. The music in this yard, and the noise that these people are making it's giving me a splitting headache 5 hours later, unnecessary one for that matter, but I will just have to suck it up & endure the noise until God knows when after all this ain't place, so I am not obliged to keep shush. People have been knocking in my room ever since the party took place, but I was just ignoring them people need to learn to leave me alone, I also don't care about the food. And they didn't even bother thanking me for helping out mxm, but that doesn't even bother me because I don't give a fuck about any of these people present here. My stomach growls indicating hunger, sighs. I get up from the bed, and head straight to the fridge I take out 3 pieces of KFC, did I tell you that I don't know how to cook? I guess not, cooking has never been my expertise, and my mother never taught me how to cook she was/is still doing everything by herself. I did tell Andile on the word go that I don't know how to cook, and he did not have a problem with that hence he hired chefs for the both of us, it never crossed my mind to go for cooking lessons I was enjoying the money, and always finding food ready when I get home. Pshhhh, look now I am struggling, it was also hard for me when I started working at Wimpy I seriously wanted to give up standing the whole day was not for me, but then I remembered that I have rent & bills to pay, sighs. “ping” that's the sound of microwave, I take out my chicken, and open the bread bin. Great, there's no bread just what I needed! I take out another 3 pieces of chicken, and pre-heat them then take out cold drink from the fridge, and throw my fat self on the bed, and start eating. I am disturbed by a hard knock at the door, grrrr let me just tell them where to get off I attend the door, and I find an old woman with a child in her hands, and another one who's busy rubbing her eyes. Oh hell No! It better be not what I think it is because wow.

“Sawubona sisi”.

“Yebo Ma”.

Her: “Sorry to bother you, but I'm here to ask if can you kindly please give my grandchildren a place to sleep, the house is full, and they are busy going up & down. I know that with them sleeping here no one will come here, and bother them”. I sigh, she is an old woman let me just help her, but she better not get used to it, I open the door wide enough and allow her in together with the little girl, well at least my room is tidy.

Me: “You can put them on the bed”.

Her: “Thank you my daughter. Blessing, get on top of the bed”. She tells the little cute girl while putting the younger one in bed. “I will come, and check up on them later, thank you. You know, you are not like what these girls outside are labeling you to be- you are the complete opposite”. I give her a fake smile if only she knew the real me she wouldn't be talking like this.

Me: “Only a pleasure Ma”.

Her: “Let me go, and dish up for you I'm sure you haven't eaten the whole day”. She walks out. I look at these cute children I wonder where their parents are if magogo is the one who brought them here in my room, but I'm sure they are outside there drinking, I sit at the edge of the bed, and my phone rings it's Sarel ai this one doesn't give up, let me just answer him.

“Sarel”.

“We will be there in 30 minutes choma I hope you are ready, and please wear something sexy, you need to slay with your Sdumo mokhaba babes, and don't bring anything with. Send me your address, ciao”. He doesn't wait for me to say anything, he hangs up, sighs. I look at the kids, and I know that- that old woman will annoy me constantly wanting to check up on her grandchildren, it won't kill me if I go out with Sarel and his friends I hope they are not loud people, and by the look of things this party will go on till the morning. I send him my address I hope I won't regret this. The old woman steps inside my room without knocking she has a tray with 4 plates in it.