Chapter Six

Y/N's POV:

     The rest of the week went by quickly and I made absolutely no progress with Rosie. She came here Monday and it's now Friday. I haven't even gotten her number yet and Jisoo and Jennie got it the day after we met. I just have that feeling that the second I try and ask her, I'm going to lose my voice and fuck it up.

     *KNOCK KNOCK*

     The knocking on my front door dragged me out of my thoughts and overthinking. I quickly got up from eating my cereal and walked to the door.

     "Coming~" I said as I got closer. I finally opened the door and my breath got caught in my throat.

     "Rosie," I said breathless, "I um... wasn't expecting you, at all." I awkwardly chuckled. She looks gorgeous wearing blue jeans and a light purple blouse. Her black hair was in a high ponytail with loose strands of hair on either side of her face. It compliments her face structure so well.

     "Yeah sorry to just spring up her unannounced, but I thought we could walk to pick up the others together." Rosie said rubbing the back of her neck as if questioning her choice of coming here.

     "Oh! Uh yeah that's fine, I'm just eating cereal and I was gonna head out in like 10 minutes." I explained as I let her in.

     "Sorry about coming too early, I just didn't know when you would leave." She said shyly.

     "Oh no it's fine I'll just finish eating real quick and we can leave." I said hurriedly because I didn't want to keep her waiting on me.

     "That's fine, take your time. I'll just wait at the table with you." Rosie said with a grin. How can she be so cute wtf. My palms are literally drenched as I realized she's actually in MY house and is going to be sitting with ME at our kitchen table. I tried to block out the fact that she is sitting right in front of me and eat my cereal without choking.

     "Hey Y/N?" Rosie asked. I looked up at her with my eyes to let her know she has my attention since my mouth was full.

     "Can you help me with history because I'm not really understanding the lesson right now. Only if you have time and want to. I don't want to like force you or anything. Or like make you uncomfortable with me asking—"

     "Rosie," I said interrupting her after I finished chewing, "I am totally fine with giving you extra help with history." I said with a shy smile as I felt my face heat up because I know I would have to spend more time with her.

     "Oh thank you so much Y/N" she said with a sigh of relief. I got up and put my bowl in the sink and grabbed my bag,

     "Ok Rosie we can start to leave and get the other idiots." I said walking towards the table.

     "Alright let's go and pick them up." She said as she also got up and walked to the front door. We both went out and I locked it and as I turned around I caught Rosie staring at me. She noticed I saw her and she quickly looked away blushing. I made a mental note that it was probably the tenth time this week I've caught her staring. I have also done my fair share of staring at her too, but without getting caught for the most part. I came down next to her and nudged her shoulder,

"Come on Rosie, pick up the pace will ya?" I said jokingly as I glanced back to see a wide grin spread across her face. She started to make her way with me and we finally went on our way to pick up Jennie.

"So Y/N, um what's your favorite color?"

I looked at her with an amused smile, "This is your way of getting to know me Miss Park?"

"Well I don't have a better way so yes Y/L/N it is." She shot back, "also you still need to answer the question missy."

"Right, my favorite color is blue. What about yours Rosie?"

Her eyes lit up as I mentioned the color, "Really! That's my favorite color too!" She said a few octaves higher, "why do you like it so much that it's your favorite?"

I thought for a moment, "Well I've always loved the sky. Everything up there fascinates me. Also I love the ocean because the sound helps clear my head," She was looking at me intently as I explained, "And it's just a lovely color in general."

     "Wow, I just picked it as my favorite because my first guitar was blue. It was an old model but I still thought it was the coolest thing. And I also love the sky, it makes me realize we are just a spec out in the middle of nowhere on a rock." Rosie said with a small smile playing at her lips.

     "Exactly! There's so much more out there that we are basically nothing! Wait that sounded bad. I don't mean like literally nothing because we are all worth something. I meant like–" I got cut off by her adorable laugh,

     "Y/N you don't need to explain yourself, I understood what you meant. But you're cute when you ramble." She said as a light blush spread across her cheeks, causing me to follow.

     *BUZZ*

     I felt a vibration in my pocket and realized it was my phone so I pulled it out,

Queen J: Y/N I see you flirting with Rosie 2 doors down. Hurry the fuck up😠

Queen J: but you guys look good together😏

     I grew embarrassed as Jennie said she saw the whole interaction between the two of us.

Me: ok jeez we r coming hold on

Me: and shut up stop
embarrassing me bitch

     "Jennie just told us to hurry the fuck up basically so let's quickly get her before she tries to kill us." I told Rosie as I walked a tad bit faster, scared Jennie would embarrass me further. Rosie followed behind until we reached Jennie's house.

     "Ugh thank god you finally showed up, thought I was gonna age 34 years," she said dramatically, "also hey Rosie, never seen you in the morning with Y/N." Jennie smirked at the both of us causing Rosie to look at the ground and me giving Jennie the 'I'm going to fucking kill you' look.

     "OKAY, let's go get Jisoo and meet Lisa at school shall we?" I said trying to save Rosie.

     "Ok let's get this chicken lover then."

     We made our way to Jisoo's and she also smirked at Rosie and I when we arrived. The two walked in front of Rosie and I as we finished the walk to school. Lisa then greeted us at then front entrance and all 5 of us made our way to history.

———————————————————————————

So we are making some progress with Rosie aren't we? Idk how long this stage will drag on lol. Anyway, thanks for reading, love u to the moon and back ;)