Chapter Forty-Two

Y/N's POV

Tuesday morning rolls around and I have to go to school with a lovey bruise on the side of my face. I put some makeup on to cover it the best I could, but it was still a little swollen. Rosie told me to walk to her house and pick her up, which I was more than happy to do. I decided to just wear some shorts and a t-shirt because it was actually really hot today. I took a pair of sunglasses and I was off to Rosie's house.

Once I arrived, she opened the door immediately and checked my face with worried eyes.

"Are you sure you're fine? You don't have a headache or anything?"

"I do not have a headache and I am doing just fine. My mother gave me some medication and she says I shouldn't have a concussion." I smiled at her, holding my hand out for her to take. She let out a breath and we walked to school together.

We found the trio sitting at a table outside. The two of us walked over to them and sat down. They looked at us and Jisoo squinted at me,

"Y/n, was does the right side of your face seem swollen?"

"Oh funny you should ask, Rosie actually kicked me in the jaw." I said as Rosie punched my arm for being so blunt about it.

"What she's trying to say is that she came over my house to help me practice for cheer because I want to get back into it. So I was doing a back handspring and then my leg kinda went wide..." she trailed off. I heard the 3 of them laugh at the story,

"That sounds pleasant doesn't it?" Lisa said.

"Yeah, sounds super fun. A good relationship builder." Jennie teased us. I rolled my eyes and Rosie told them to shut it. We stayed talking for another five minutes before we headed off to government.

The classes went by fast and we were in our final period: english. This class I sat next to Sana and I was scared about what would happen. So I did what any normal scared person would do and asked the teacher to change my seat. She did without question and I was sat next to Irene.

"Hey Irene, I got my seat moved and I guess I'm sitting next to you now." I said with a smile. She smiled back at me,

"Well what lovely company I'll have for the rest of the year. It was getting kinda boring over here."

"Hopefully I can make this a fun time then." We kept talking back and forth with easy conversation as the teacher was going over our next essay we had to write. We all groaned out and she told us to shut it. Thankfully for the essay, we could pick our topic. It had to be an argumentative essay though, which I was completely fine with. The bell then rung signaling the end of the school day. I waited for Rosie at the door and smiled when she made eye contact with me. She intertwined our fingers and out the door we were. We met up with the trio and decided that we were going to go over Manoban's house later because they were going to open their pool up for the first time this year.

We all parted ways and we went to grab our swim suits and towels. I also grabbed some sunscreen and sunglasses and was off to her house. It took a few minutes and I just made my way around back to the backyard. I heard Rosie call out for me from behind me and I waited for her before we made our way to the patio. But once we rounded the corner of Lisa's house, we were met with a sight to say the least.

Standing at the patio door were Lisa and Jennie in a heated make out session.

My jaw dropped open so fast and I was completely shocked. I turned my head to see Rosie's reaction and she was just as shocked as me, if not more. I heard who I assumed to be Jisoo coming around the corner and turned around to tell her to shut up. She was confused and then looked past me to see the sight. Her eyes went comically wide and I heard her mumble out a 'holy shit'.