Chapter Eighty-Eight

Y/N's POV

Life has actually been good. I mean, there's the casual stressful period with one of my classes, but other than it, I've been good. Rosie and I have been fantastic over these few months and I couldn't be any happier. She told me that she'll be releasing the first single of her debut album on New Year's Day which is super exciting. All of the new friends absolutely adore her and our relationship. They've been amazing to have here when I can't see her.

I'm actually on my way over to her house because our winter break is starting today. I told her that it's starting tomorrow and that an exam was moved to today. I know, I lied but I just wanted to surprise her. The previous week was absolute hell. There was so much studying for exams and when she came over, I had her help me study and I knew she hated it secretly. But all that studying paid off as I passed all of them (even if I passed by 2%).

I pulled into their driveway and grabbed the little box of her favorite chocolates and knocked on the door. As planned, Clare opened it for me and gave me a hug. I texted her beforehand telling her I was coming a day early and she was super excited.

"She's been moping around all day, saying how it's stupid how she has to wait a whole 24 hours to see you." I chuckled softly at how my girlfriend had been acting. She told me that she's upstairs and I nodded and made my way to her room. I saw her door was open and she was sitting at her desk on her laptop, most liking browsing Amazon to cure her boredom.

I leaned against the door frame to admire her somewhat messy red hair and my pajamas she's wearing. I quietly took a few pictures of her with my phone and then spoke up,

"Hi there Ariel." I watched as her head turned over to the door at lighting speed. A look of shock was first seen on her features, but it turned to pure love and she scrambled out of her chair to make her way to me. I placed the chocolates quickly on her bookcase and opened my arms up for her. She crushed me in her hug and I heard tiny sobs escaping her mouth, causing me to soothingly run my fingers through her silky red hair.

"Shhh, I'm here now, love. You got me for a whole month until January 19th." I pressed a kiss to the top of her head and walked her back until she hit the end of her bed. She turned out bodies and then I laid back on the bed and she snuggled up into my body on top of me. I sighed out happily and tried to calm my heart down because it was beating out of my chest.

"Your hearts beating really fast," Rosie mumbled into my hoodie. I laughed,

"It's because I have this really pretty girl on top of me right now." I said honestly. She whined out and just pinched my arm, "Ow! That was uncalled for!"

"The only 'uncalled for' was your cringey response." She finally looked me in the eyes and I smiled seeing the eyes I love most shine back at me. I cupped her face,

"I missed you."

"I missed you more than you can imagine." She replied. I was going to try and argue, but she raised an eyebrow and I backed down. She traced my face with her pointer finger and I smiled when I saw the silver ring sitting proudly on it. She must've seen what I was looking at, "I love this ring. Whenever I miss you a lot, I just play with it and it helps me a lot."

"I'm glad it does because when I was stressing over exams, the gold ring on my finger really helped me out too."

"I love you and now I'm going to kiss you." She stated and I felt her soft lips on mine right after. I didn't realize how much I missed her lips on mine until right now. The same strawberry taste on her lips. I brought my hand to the back of her neck to keep her close to me. Our lips moved in perfect harmony and we both wanted the kiss to be more. I asked permission with my tongue, to which she automatically granted and I was exploring her mouth. She moaned out and I kissed her more eagerly. I then flipped us so I was on top now and she brought her hands to my cheeks. I started to kiss all around her face, causing her to giggle. I then trailed them down to her jaw and her giggles immediately stopped; being replaced by heavy breathing and soft moans. I kissed along her neck and felt the vibrations of each tiny moan she let out. I didn't want to go any further because I knew A) the door was open and Clare would know we are having sex, B) I still need to go home at some point looking decent, and C) Idk I just wanted a third letter.