Chapter Forty-Three

Y/n's POV

It's been 3 weeks since we were over Lisa's house swimming in her pool. Rosie and I have been going strong and it's going to be our one month anniversary in a few days. It actually falls on the first basketball game of the year, where my girlfriend will be cheerleading. I'm super excited to see her doing something that she has loved for years.

I've spent the last few hours trying to decide what I'm going to get her for our one month. It can't be something too flashy because I don't want to scare her off or anything. But it can't be something stupid either, so I have to find the perfect balance. I got dragged out of my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door, so I got up and opened it.

"Manoban, whatcha doing here?" I asked Lisa.

"I need to ask you something. Ya know, since your Jennie's best friend." She said, her voice wavering a little. I immediately got an idea of what she was going to ask me, but decided to let her ask me when she's ready. I stepped aside to let her in,

"Come on in then. We can go up to my room and talk about whatever it is." She walked passed me and I followed her up to my room. Lisa sat down on my bed and as soon as I closed my door, I heard her blurt out,

"I wanna ask Jennie to be my girlfriend." I was still shocked at the statement, even though I knew this was what she was going to ask. I didn't know if they should move this quick, so I voiced the thought to her.

"Do you want to go this quick with her?"

"Yes. We've spent time together these past couple of weeks and I really just want to make her mine." Lisa said quickly, "So, how should I ask her?"

I thought for a moment, trying to think of the best way Lisa could ask Jennie to be her girlfriend.

"Well she doesn't need anything fancy. She may wear Chanel, but she's a sucker for small, cute things. I think you can take her to the tulip field a few cities over. I went there with Rosie last week and it was gorgeous. The pictures were fantastic and since you love photography and Jennie loves getting her picture taken, it's perfect. You can also capture the before and after like I did with Rosie."

Lisa's eyes went wide and her whole face lit up at the idea, "Oh my god! Y/n you're an actual genius holy shit! I can do it tomorrow since I know she doesn't have anything planned on a Thursday night!" She shot up from my bed and hugged me tightly, "I love you so much I could kiss you right now!"

"I'd rethink what you just said there, Longlegs."

Lisa and I both snapped our heads to my now open bedroom door, where Rosie stood looking between the two of us. I threw Lisa off of me, causing her to tumble to the ground. I realized that was stupid and helped her up, apologizing as I did. I heard Rosie laugh,

"God, you two are stupid sometimes aren't you? And what were you two talking about earlier that made Lisa want to kiss you?" She asked me raising her eyebrow.

"Oh, Lisa asked me how she should ask Jennie out and I tol–"

"LISA, YOU ASKED Y/N THIS AND I DIDNT EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS!!? IM YOUR BEST FRIEND FOR FUCK SAKES!'" Rosie screamed at Lisa, running towards her and putting her in a head lock. Lisa was squirming under her trying to get out, but Rosie kept her grip tight.

"Lisa, I would suggest not trying to get out because that's just going to make it worse. Just tell her your thought process of why you asked me and informed me first." I told Lisa, shooting Rosie a glare which made her ease up. Once Lisa was able to breathe normally again, she explained her reasoning,

"Well, I went to y/n because she is obviously Jennie's best friend and she knows what she would enjoy. I didn't want to go to you first because you've known her the least amount of time. It's not that I didn't want to tell you, I just wanted to go to someone who has more personal knowledge with Jennie."

"Hmm, fine," Rosie said releasing Lisa fully, "Just don't go around saying you're going to kiss my girlfriend. If I hear you say anything like that again, you're going to be in another head lock."

"Yes ma'am!" Lisa said saluting to Rosie. I laughed at that and told Lisa to start planning for tomorrow. She nodded her head and was on her way home, leaving Rosie and I in my room alone.

She walked over to me since I was sitting on my desk chair and sat on my lap, straddling me. My hands automatically found her waist and we leaned in to kiss. It was a slower kiss, but still gave me all the feelings in the world. She took her right hand and held the back of my neck to make sure I didn't pull away. We made out for a few minutes and she was the one to pull back.

"Hello love." I said to her with a goofy smile.

"Hello to you too babe," she traced my lips with her finger, "these lips are mine to kiss only."

"And yours are mine to kiss. I think it's a nice deal."

"It sure is because I can't get enough of your lips." She whispered in my ear. A chill ran down my spine as I cleared my throat and asked her why she came over.

"Well, I wanted to talk about what we are going to do for our one month anniversary. Since I have to cheer at the first basketball game, we'll only have time after. And the game ends at 8pm, so I don't think we can go out," she pouted, "but, we can have a night in." She said with a smile.

"I think I can live with that." I said giving her a peck on her lips.

"Also, are you going to be at the game?"

"That's a stupid question Rosie. Of course I'm going to be there to watch you," I said while squeezing her waist, "Plus, I wanna see you in that uniform because you haven't let me see you in it yet." I wiggled my eyebrows at her. She hovered her lips over mine,

"Maybe we can celebrate afterwards while I'm wearing it." Rosie said suggestively . I felt my whole body freeze at what she said. She actually really wants me? I mean, I know we joke around about it, but I never actually thought she wanted to have sex with me.

"Maybe, love. But you have to wait until Friday." I said back in a low tone. I then felt her body tense up at my words, knowing she was also feeling the same about everything. So I took her lips in a kiss and trailed my hands down to her ass. She gasped into the kiss and I just smiled, knowing that it may just be our first time Friday night. On our one month anniversary. That thought alone made me feel all giddy inside.

We then stopped kissing and she just snuggled into me further searching for my warmth. I wrapped my arms around her body and held her close so I could feel her heart beat along with mine. They were slowly becoming in sync with each other and I smiled softly.

She stayed on top of me like this for about 20 minutes; us just soaking in the other's presence. I then asked her if she wanted to stay for dinner with my mother and she agreed. She got off of me and gave me a quick peck before the two of us headed downstairs to find my mother cooking.

"Hey girls, are you staying for dinner Roseanne?" My mother asked while looking over her shoulder.

"Yes, I was planning on staying if that's okay with you." Rosie said.

"Oh, it's more than okay, you're basically family now." When my mother said that, my heart skyrocketed because she just fully accepted Rosie into the family. I turned my head to see Rosie with tears in her eyes and a smile. She looked over at me and let her tears fall. I brought her over to the couch and let her cry. She didn't cry for a long time, but I knew a lot of things were going on in her head and heart. So when she stopped crying, I lifted her chin up so she could meet my eyes,

"I guess you're part of the family now Rosie." I said with a bright smile on my face. She gave me one back,

"Your mother is so amazing and I'm glad she excepts us being together."

"I'm pretty sure that she likes you more than me, and I'm her daughter." I stated. I saw Rosie glance over my shoulder to where my mother was cooking,

"Hey Tiffany, do you like me or y/n more?" Rosie called out. There was silence for a few moments,

"I'm going with you Roseanne."

"See?"

——————————————————————————
kind of a filler chapter ngl, but i hope u still liked it. thank you all for reading this random book!!! it's almost at 3k reads too... i'm confused as to why people are reading this but whatever lol. LOVE YOU <3