Chapter Sixty-Four

Y/N's POV

The car ride home was a little uncomfortable since I had to sit up in the car. Rosie held my hand throughout it as we both sat in the back seats. I rested my head on her shoulder and she then rested hers on top of mine.

Once we arrived home, I carefully got out of the car and started walking up the steps to the porch. That was a bitch so I don't know how I'm going to do the steps inside. But I know damn well I am going to do them if it's the last thing I do. I held onto the railing all the way up with Rosie right behind me. I felt her hand pressed on the lower part of my back, making me smile.

I then got in front of my door and opened it to see the gifts placed neatly on my desk. I felt Rosie walk next to me as I didn't move.

"Y/n, what are yo–" Her words trailed off as she saw the gifts in front of her. There was a wrapped box and then a small gift bag. I watched as she slowly made her way over to them. When she turned back to face me, she had a wide grin on her face.

"This feels like Christmas or something," she giggled. at me. Then she frowned,

"Wait, but I don't have your gifts here. I can't open them without you opening yours."

"It's fine love, I can open them later." I told her. She just shook her head and pulled her phone out. After a few seconds, she put it down,

"I texted Alice to bring them over. She'll be here in 5." She happily. I smiled as she sat down at the desk chair and literally stared at the gifts the whole time waiting for Alice to get here. I made myself comfortable on my bed and heard a car pull into the driveway which meant Alice was here. Rosie sprinted out of the room and I heard her footsteps barreling down the stairs as she made her way to her sister. I laughed silently to myself and waited to hear those same footsteps running back up the stairs. Once I did, I looked at the doorway to see her figure stride though with two gift bags in hand.

"What do we have here?" I said cocking an eyebrow at her. She placed the gift bags on the bed next to me and brought the ones for her also on the bed as she sat across from me.

"We have your gifts for our six month anniversary." She said proudly. She told me to open mine first and I declined, but she insisted since she opened hers first on our one month. I rolled my eyes but still had a bright smile on my face as I started to open the first gift.

I pulled out a picture frame and I saw the back of it first. I watched Rosie's reaction as it got bigger and bigger, making me wonder what the hell she got me. I turned it around and was at a loss of words.

In the frame was how the stars were aligned on our first date when I took her to the 50's dance. I just stared in awe at it for a while before I soon felt tears form in my eyes. I placed it to the side as I rested my head in my hands and cried softly. I felt a shift on the bed and the felt the warm arms of Rosie wrap around me. She kissed the top of my head,

"I'm glad you like your gift, but you got another to get to." She said gently as she pulled away from me and wiped my tears away. I nodded my head and kissed her cheek before I sniffled a little and took the other bag. I took the tissue paper out of this one and was met with a stuffed animal of a scarlet macaw. I smiled at it and brought it to my chest as I hugged it. I heard as Rosie cooed at the sight,

"Awee, what are you gonna name them?" She asked me. I thought for a moment,

"Their name is gonna be Marty." I saw her smile grow at the name.

"And why is that?"

"Because that was the name of the one in the zoo." I said remembering the bird that got my attention, "Also, why didn't you tell me to start with this one so I wouldn't cry first?"