Chapter Seventy-Nine

Rosie's POV

Today I have a bestie day planned with Lisa after school. We haven't had one in forever and we used to do them all the time back in Australia. So we decided to have a bestie day and then Jennie and y/n are also going to have one today. The two of us talked about what we were going to do today and we decided on going to the arcade that's downtown. I went once with y/n months ago and it was really fun, so I'm super excited to go back with Lisa.

But that has to wait another half an hour because my head is resting on my girlfriend's shoulder in english class. I'm tuning out the teacher at this point because it's just the same shit we learn every year. Yet y/n is paying attention because english is her worst subject. She's taking notes and I'm just listening to her pencil move across the paper and her light breathing.

The bell soon rang and I gave y/n a parting kiss since she was going to find Jennie and hang out with her today. I found Lisa standing at the front entrance and we linked arms as we made our way over to her car.

"So, should we listen to our lovely throwback playlist, Rosie?" Lisa asked me. I connected my phone to her car and smirked as the familiar tune of 'Toxic' by Britney Spears started to play. We both sang our hearts out to the song and the others that followed, just having a blast with each other.

She soon pulled into the surprisingly packed parking lot of the arcade. She was also confused at all the people here since it was a little thing that not a lot of people came to. We both hopped out and I saw a sign saying that it was 50% off today because it was the arcades 50 year anniversary of being open.

"Damn, did we pick a good day of what!" Lisa shouted excitedly as we entered. The sounds of music filled my ears and the shouts of kids, teens, and adults alike. I smiled watching so many people enjoy themselves and give themselves a break from the real world.

"That we did Lisa. Now let's get our game on!" I told her as I fished out some money from my pocket to exchange it for some tokens. She did the same and we each got 20 tokens each since we got 2x more today.

"What game should we play first?" Lisa asked as we walked up and down the aisles of games. I saw that Centipede didn't have anyone playing it.

"How about Centipede?" I responded as I walked over to it.

"Fine by me! I'm gonna beat your score, you just watch!" I rolled my eyes at her and put a token in and got the game started. I was doing really good in the beginning, but then about 5 minutes went by and I died. My score was 3426, but the highest score was 89712, so I was just a little off. Lisa then put her token in and was concentrating completely, wanting to beat me and only me.

"Come on come on," she mumbled to herself as she was getting close to my score. It took her only a little longer go beat it and she just killed herself so she could brag about beating me in the game.

"HAHAHA YOU SUCK!" She shouted at me. I clamped my hand over her mouth because she was obnoxiously loud and people were turning their heads over to us.

"Shut the fuck up Lisa!" I hissed at her since she was drawing attention to us. I then felt my hand get wet and I realized this bitch just licked my hand, "Ew what the fuck Manoban?!"

"It's what you get, live with it." She said as she flipped her hair at me and walked away to another game. I huffed out in annoyance and followed behind her since she was picking the next game. She stopped in front of Tetris and I smirked to myself as I knew I would absolutely destroy her at this game since I used to play this just for fun.

"You're up first Long Legs." I said as I stood next to her.

"I know Chipmunk, so let me concentrate." She shot back as she put her token in and started to play. I was just watching her play with an amused smile on my face because she kept fucking up certain pieces. She finished with a score of 50k, which was really shit compared to a good player. I cracked my fingers and placed my token in the slot and started up the game. I watched the colored pieces fall into the places and I watched as I got Tetris after Tetris. I knew the high score was around 500k, so that was my goal.