Chapter Thrity-Four

Y/N's POV

I am currently running late for school because I spent the weekend just relaxing and then at 1am I remembered I had a whole spanish project due today. So needless to say I pulled an all nighter and fell asleep for a while and woke up only to see I had 5 minutes to get to school on time. Which, obviously isn't enough time, but I was gonna try to be only 10 minutes late.

I fumbled getting my clothes on and quickly brushed my hair and teeth. I was hoping around on one foot trying to get my shoe on and had a piece of toast i. my mouth. I glanced over to the couch to only see Nayeon laughing at me. I just rolled my eyes, gave her the middle finger, and ran out the door with my things.

I sprinted all the way to school and looked at my phone to see it was 8:04am, causing me to let out a sigh of relief. I'm only 4 minutes late and I just entered the school ground. I still ran inside the school and flew the door to government open. All eyes were immediately drawn to me as I looked at Mrs. Pritt, who didn't seem to amused with me.

"Detention after school, now sit down."

I held back the urge to roll my eyes and complain, so I only let out a sigh and made my way to my seat. Rosie was already sitting there looking at me with confused and worried eyes,

"Hey, are you okay?" She whispered to me,

"Yeah, doing just fine." I said with an attitude, "shit sorry, I didn't mean to be a bitch." I apologized as I took out my things to write down the notes.

"No it's fine I get it. Just let me know if there's anything I can do to help." She said rubbing my arm softly. I hummed a response and got to writing notes while listening to music to just keep my mind awake. Because I know damn well if I listened to the teacher lecture, I'd be asleep.

The class ends and Jenchulichang all asked what's up with me,

"Well at 1am, I realized I had a whole spanish project due today. So I decided to pull an all-nighter and then I must've fallen asleep at like 5am because I woke up at 7:55 and I was rushing around trying not to be too late. But obviously only being 6 minutes late results in me getting detention." I said pissed off.

"That's why you're cranky today, you didn't get any sleep." Jennie said as it finally dawned on her. I just gave her a glare and left for chemistry. I heard rushed footsteps behind me, but I just put my earbuds in and ignored them. I sat down in chemistry and Rosie sat next to me. She looked annoyed with me. My mind came to the realization that it was most likely her running after me. I looked over at her, but she was already facing forward with her jaw tightened. Well... fuck.

I knew she was pissed off and I was scared because she has never been mad at me before. I just sunk down in my seat as I tried to think of a way to make her happy again. An idea popped into my mind and I changed the song I was listening to and took out one of my earbuds are started to place it in her ear and she slapped my hand.

"Ow!" I whispered loudly. She just kept on ignoring me and I knew I had to step up my game. No one in school has ever really seen us show affection to each other. Well, I know we aren't together yet, but we still kiss each other on the cheeks and lips. I looked at her side profile and just admired her.

Her jaw was tight, but it still looked so good. She had a few strands of hair loose from her half up half down look. She just looked like a pissed off angel right now.

So I leaned over towards her and gently pressed my lips onto her cheek. I felt her body tense up and noticed she sucked in a breath. I then pulled back and whispered in her ear,

"I'm sorry about earlier. I just don't like talking to people when I'm tired." After I said that, I placed my hand on her thigh and she was frozen. She still didn't acknowledge me, but she definitely felt my presence and she didn't push me away.