Ch.17 Painful Power

This is kind of a dark chapter, so um, be warned.

It hurt. It hurt a ton. She felt like she had zero control, and even if she did move in the slightest, it shot pain throughout her body. It wasn't from her skin, rather, from the inside of her. She opened her squinted eyes to see Aito's hands extended. It felt horrible to be in the position she was in. She only told herself it would be over soon, and to just bare the pain. She felt her body be slammed against the ground, and she relaxed. "That's what I want to teach you while I am home." He muttered. "That-that painful thing?!" She looked up at him, and saw him nod slowly. "Why would I—"

"Why do we need to know anything?? Because it's beneficial. Whether it's for a hobby—a dream—or basic survival skills. Knowing certain things could help us in the long run, even if it's just entertainment. Dad wanted me to teach you, so that's what I'll do." He said to her.

"But that thing—."

Aito shut her mouth with the skill.

"It's the manipulation of blood, since we can manipulate water. I want you to try, but not on me." He walked towards the black bag he kept in the corner and unzipped it. He pulled out a gray kitten then only looked a few weeks old. Y/n hoped to god that she wouldn't have to torture that kitten. He held it up by the skin on its neck and let it dangle. He tossed it to her feet. "I want you to try it out on that thing. You'll be practicing on it until it's nearly perfected."

It's eyes were cute, and it was difficult for Y/n to stare at it, knowing that she was going to bring it misery. She shakily raised both of her hands and looked towards her brother. He had his arms crossed and stared expectingly at her. She focused on finding that source of water, and it was very faint. She started to gently pull on it, not knowing where it was.

Aito slowly reached his hand down from being tucked between his torso and arm. Y/n didn't notice. "Good." Aito said, as if telling her she's doing everything right. She closed her eyes and pulled hard. What she manipulated was light, lighter than a kitten. She opened her eyes to just see blood in front of her...and two small eyeballs. She looked down in terror to where the kitten was to only see its fur soaked with remaining blood, and its eye sockets black with blood. There was a gap in its abdomen that she opened, and it's organs spilled out, making a disturbing gushy noise.

Aito put his hand back to where it was.

The gray kitten fell into its own organs, making a thud and a squishy noise.

"Well, you did something." Aito shrugged his shoulders and walked towards the door, opening it and standing there for a moment. "Also, you should go shower." He closed the door behind him.

Y/n stood there in horror.

~~~

After dinner, Y/n went straight up to her room and pulled her phone out. She scrolled through social media to get her mind off things—but it only made it worse. Her feed was filled with people helping animals, saving animals. What she had done was unforgivable. The adrenaline of it still coursed through her body.

~~

"Let's hold that skill for now." Aito said, which relieved Y/n. She planned to pretend to struggle with  the new skill long enough so that he has to leave before she can "learn" the second skill and go onto what she called "Blood Bending".

Aito soccer-style kicked a large rectangular container filled with plants and flowers. "There's moisture in plants, and you can take it out of it."

Y/n sighed at tested it out. She found the water easily and accidentally pulled it perfectly. "Well, no need for any of that."

Sorry for the short chapter, it's not that great either. Unedited