Ch.20 1st Place to the Rich Kids

Shoto's team went into a panic, but Y/n had a solution. "Don't worry, I've been prepared for this moment!" She said.

She produced a cloud that sucked up all of Kaminari's electricity. She had it hover over his team, and it turned into a lightning cloud.

A loud boom and vibrations were sent through the air and ground, the crowd giving off a synchronized "woah!"

The lightning was the same electricity Kaminari gave off, but, it had turned blue because of the mixture of Y/n's quirk with his. There was a way to tell the difference between the two's sparks, and that was Kaminari's was yellow, and Y/n's was blue to white.

Everyone else who wasn't on Shoto's team had been affected by Kaminari, unless they had defended themselves. Their team ran straight towards Deku's, Kaminari's team had been blown away by Y/n.

There was little time left, and they needed to hurry and get those headbands from Deku.

"Will we make it there in time?!" Yao-Momo asked in a panicked tone. "Yes, we will! I've been saving this for this moment...everyone! Hand on tightly! Don't lose your balance!" Iida yelled. Everyone hung onto each other without a question, putting their faith in Iida. Suddenly, they were going at super speeds, and they were so close to Deku within a second. Shoto didn't let this opportunity go to waste and grabbed almost every single headband off of Deku. Directly behind them were multiple teams whose intentions were to take them down. Shoto handed the headbands to Y/n for her to put around his neck. She did so, hiding the numbers and mixing them around without anyone seeing.

"NO!" Deku yelled. Ochaco and the pink haired girl looked shocked, and then determined.

They did some sort of thing, but it was no use. There was barely any time left, and besides, there was no way they could tell which ones would give them the win.

Deku reached his hand out towards Shoto's headbands, and on his left side. They took the fact that he refused to use his left to their advantage. Deku activated his quirk and made physical contact with Shoto's arm, somehow causing him to light a fire. Deku's fist slipped past Shoto, and he got ahold of the top headband.

From Y/n's memory, the top headband has the least amount of points, so they should have been safe.

They looked proud, and Y/n felt embarrassed for them. Do they really think they won? Deku turned the headband around, and a look of shock and disappointment replaced the one of pride.

"Of course we wouldn't leave the largest headband on the top." Yao-Momo said. Y/n nodded and smiled.

"Times up!!!" Present Mic yelled. Deku got off their shoulders, and he looked so upset. Ochaco attempted to comfort him, but it did nothing. Everyone looked at the board to see who was moving on to the final round.

There, they saw Deku's team, and it turned out Tokoyami had managed to grab another headband.

As expected, Team Todoroki had taken first place.

This final round will be Y/n's last chance in a while for her to stand out to the pros, so she must do anything in her power to make sure she beats a majority of her opponents, or at least put up a good fight.

This is what she was born to do, to let those around her know that she was one of the best.

"Y/n?" Shoto said from behind her. She turned around to see a smiling Shoto. "Yes?"

He leaned towards her and gently kissed the corner of her lips. Y/n was a bit shocked, but she smiled.

Unedited