Ch.2 Secret Admirer

It's been a few days of school already, and
Y/n was friends with Shoto, but she also had a group of friends. That group happened to be the Bakusquad, which included her two closest friends, Mina Ashido and Eijiro Kirishima, as well as Hanta Sero, Denki Kaminari, and of course, Katsuki Bakugo.

She would mostly sit with them unless she needed a break from Kaminari's stupid and flirtatious statements, or Bakugo's angry Pomeranian energy, or Mina in general. The only "decently" behaved people in her opinion were Sero and Eijiro. When she needed these occasional breaks, she would sit with Shoto. He wasn't one to talk much, but it was better than a migraine from the obnoxious group of people.

"Soo, Shoto, any nicknames I can give you?"
Y/n asked, trying to start a small conversation rather than sit in awkward silence. He shrugged his shoulders and slurped up noodles. "What about Todo? Or Roki? Or RokiRoki? Err, TodoTodo? Umm, or Sho?" She listed four nicknames, lifting up one finger as she named one. "You can call me Sho. As long as I get to call you (nickname)." He answered, making eye contact with his fiancé as he slurped more cold soba.

"Sure! Sounds good, Sho." She beamed at Shoto brightly, making his stomach full with butterflies, which had an unknown reason as to why to Shoto.

"Oi!!!" Bakugo's roar filled their ears as he stomped his way over to the table, making their drinks somewhat shake as if there were a t-Rex. Shoto sighed and leaned back in his seat while Y/n looked at her friend. "Oi. Oi! OI!" He slammed his fist against the table, making all the utensils move slightly to the side. "Electric Eel! Stop hanging with damn Icy Hot and get over to my table!! The damn losers won't shut the hell up about you! NOW COME ON!!" He yanked on the h/c haired girl's arm, pulling her back to her friend group before she could respond. Thankfully, she had already gotten rid of her food.

Icy Hot sighed as the feeling on loneliness consumed him. He was actually enjoying the girl's company, but the hedgehog had to take her away for his own benefits.

The blond boy threw one of his "teammates" in to her usual spot in the table. "No! Bakugooooooo! THEY WERE SO CUTE!!" Mina whined and wriggled around. "I would've let them be if you guys would shut the hell up!"

The squad all sighed in disappointment, except for, strangely, Eijiro. "So like, N/n, make me the Maid of Honor at you and Todoroki's wedding." Mina leaned on her best gal-pal, making her blush. "Nuh-uh! Make ME the Maid of Honor!" Kaminari leaned in to the conversation, making a high-pitched voice as if he was trying to mimic one of a ladies. He also had a random towel on his head. Y/n felt very confused as to how they knew. She's never mentioned it to them before.

"Ahaha, that's funny, Kaminari. How do you know I'm engaged to Shoto?"

There was a long and awkward silence. Everyone's eyes were wide and their jaws were on the ground, including Bakugo. That was surprising news, but could also easily be explained by their similar quirks. Shoto could control firewith his left, and ice with his right. Y/n could produce and manipulate water, and produce and manipulate electricity.

Eijiro felt his manly yet soft heart sink.

"HUH?!"

~~~

Mina and Y/n were walking over to their shoe lockers, getting prepared to leave school for the day. "So like, what you said earlier, are you really engaged to Todoroki?" Mina asked as she unlocked her locker. "Mhm..."

"Aw, man! You're so lucky!" Mina waved her pink hands around as she dropped her outside shoes on the ground. "Not really. I mean, yeah, Shoto is a good guy once you get to know him but..." She didn't finish her sentence when she noticed a white envelop in her locker. She gently took it out and looked at both sides of it. On one side it had her name kind of sloppily written, as if it belonged to a boy.

The (short/tall) girl opened it, the sound of paper ripping causing her pink haired friend to look at her. "Woah, no way! Please tell me that's a love letter!!" She watched as Y/n read the somewhat short letter and her face slowly turn to a cherry red. Mina gasped. "It IS a love letter!!"

The letter said:

Dear Y/n,
I've had my eye on you since the first day of school. I love how heroic you are and how you always try your hardest! It's not very cool of me to confess through a letter, but my bro's told me it would be a better idea. There will be more over time until I eventually get enough courage to reveal myself to you. I promise I'll man up and tell you who I am in person!

-You're Secret Admirer

"Ooh! I love all this stuff! We gotta figure out who this person is! Wanna come over tonight to work on that?!" Mina was jumping all around as Y/n finished putting on her f/c shoes. "Sure. That sounds like fun."

~~~

"Hey, Ma! I'm home and have (Nickname) with me! Don't mind us we're going to my room!!"

"Okay, Mina! Make sure you both behave! I'll bring a snack later, too." Her mother responded. The two girls went up the stairs and in to the alien-girl's bedroom which was a magenta and black themed place.

"Okay, so we have eighteen suspects here. We've gotta eliminate who it obviously can't be." Mina wrote down her classmate's names in a random pink and black journal before crossing some out.

"So that leaves us with Bakugo, Sero, Kaminari, Kirishima, Jiro, Shouji, Todoroki, Ojiro, Tokoyami, Tsu, and Sato." Mina read all of the names remaining. "Okay, but why is Shoto still on there??" Y/n asked, pointing to the cold yet hot (not only talking about his quirk) boy's name. "'Cause like, what if he's secretly in love with you or something?"

"I doubt that. Besides, what use would it be for him to write love letters to someone he's already getting married to?" Y/n furrowed her eyebrows. Mina sighed. "Yeah, I guess you're right." She crossed out the name she wrote the neatest.

"Okay, so let's start this investigation!!"