Ch.15 Testing Quirks 1/3

As the girls conversed about the crush of
Y/n's Mina was referring to (which was Katsuki (random name), the celebrity), Shoto trained himself harshly as he thought about what could possibly happen in the future. He went to the extreme—planning his every action if things turned out a certain way. From Y/n and him being attack by villains on their date to if Y/n fell for someone else. He took and break and backed towards the middle of the room, panting and sweating. If he was being perfectly honest, he was anxious for the date. He wouldn't have his "wingman" Kaminari to help him through his journey, and he's never been on a date with anyone in his life. 'Maybe watch more romance movies and follow the steps those take?' Shoto thought as he drank his water. He deeply thought about how movie dates were. Go somewhere fun, make a connection, realize feelings for each other, and share a kiss. The sharing a kiss part had him debating whether he should aim for a kiss on their first date. He blushed madly and a fire lit on his left side with out him realizing. Endeavor walked in to check on the son he was most proud to have made. Shoto turned towards him shocked and the fire went out. "I hear the Sports Festival is coming soon. (Dad's name) and I have arranged a quirk test to see where improvements need to be made. Prepare yourself." He slammed the sliding door behind him and his loud footsteps drained away from his ears. 'A quirk test? Does that mean I will...battle Y/n?'

Shoto looked at the clock and sighed. He walked to his room to bathe himself and cleanse his body of his sweaty stench. He thought about it and he realized he never got to see Y/n's power at its current full potential. Lightning and water...it was a storm like quirk. He began to wonder if she could make thunder clouds or a hurricane. It was a possibility, and he wouldn't doubt it if she said she could. She's a talented young lady, she's one of the hero course students who could actually keep up a good fight against Bakugo Katsuki. But that's besides the the point, what their fathers want to know is who is stronger, who can use their quirk to its max strength the best. It was something he had looked forward to, yet didn't. There was a slight and trembling fear inside him of going against her. It was the lightning she had that he feared the most. He hadn't feared Kaminari's quirk, though. Y/n's electricity is said to be far more "deadly". Kaminari and Y/n's electricity were almost the same—but it was due to the fact Y/n's had more of a shocking power to it. And to add that to water—she sounded unstoppable. But that was just him. That was all he knew about her quirk. The lightning of an amazing monsoon season and water. His only hope was to have the ability to keep his distance from her and dodge her attacks using only his ice. After his long thought, he realized he finished a shower and was already ready for bed. He deeply sighed and slipped between the mattress and the blanket and closed his eyes.

~~This next part is brought to you by Виктор gold medals~~

On the weekend, Y/n and her father came over to his house, and Y/n wore a training outfit that screamed she was confident. The two of them were led to the training room. Y/n was on one side while Shoto was on the other. She sipped on water before stretching her body. Shoto just watched, feeling anxious. Endeavor and (Dad's name) would be standing in a safe place to observe there actions and what needs to be fixed. Y/n sighed and said "okay" to signal Endeavor to tell them when to start. "Start."

Shoto made an icy path towards her right when he heard the whistle of the s in his father's voice. He saw her eyes widen in slight shock, but it was soon washed away by reflects that were programmed in to her over time. She used the little water that was already melted on the ice to shatter it.

("Smart move." Endeavor murmured more to himself than his close friend. "Using the water in the ice, I never thought of that..." he said back to Endeavor.)

Shoto noticed her eyes darted from different places on the wooden floor to his face constantly, as if she were calculating her next move while keeping an eye on her opponent. 'I'll wait until later for that' she thought to herself. 'Another ice attack. I'll try that' Shoto shot ice at her, but it was on the floor to catch her feet and stop her from moving. He was successful in that. Her feet were caught and he saw this as an opportunity to get a close-range attack. He got close to her, but he was pushed away by a blast of cold water. He tumbled and rolled over back to his side of the room.

("Does he have a special move?" Y/n's father asked. "He should, but he refuses to use his fire." Endeavor said almost embarrassingly. Her father nodded and observed their actions.)

With that same water, she broke the ice with at least five strikes before she was free from the ice trap.