Ch.11 Love Confession

Sorry about the short chapters, I promise I will write the next chapter to be longer and have more Todoroki, okay? Enjoy!!

     They finished their fine desserts and Eijiro payed (he insisted. It wouldn't be manly if he didn't according to him) and he led Y/n to the park he had been referring to back at the shop. In the center was a fountain that was on a small island in the middle of a lake, and there was a bridge leading to it, and another leading to the other side of the lake. It was prettier at night—the stars being the main source of light. They slowly walked to the center of it, Eijiro thinking of it as the most romantic place to confess. And a romantic confession=Manliness. "So, the secret? I've been wondering about that all evening." Y/n spoke up, placing her hands on the opposite elbow. "Oh, yeah. When we get the that little place, I'll tell you." He awkwardly said, which was shocking to see from him. Y/n looked to the side, slowly nodding her head. It was complete silence, the pair not knowing what to say to each other next. As they approached the small and polished bridge, Eijiro began to speak. "Ya know, I really think you could become a great hero."

     Y/n smiled up at him and switched from looking at his left eye to his right constantly. "I believe you could, too." Eijiro smiled and looked to the side, avoiding eye-contact with
Y/n. "You really think so? If I had a flashy quirk then I might have more confidence in myself." Eijiro hardened one his his hands, staring at it. His eyes revealed a bit of sadness and disappointment. "Let's say there's a girl, she is very plain looking, like a female Sero. But even though she didn't stand out physically, her personality stood out. You could be like her, can't you?" There was silence, the opera of crickets sounding louder. Eijiro smiled and a light blush came across his cheeks and nose. They both stepped on the wooden bridge and continued talking, jumping from one topic to another. "What is the funniest thing you have ever seen?" Y/n asked as she thought of something she saw on Instagram. Eijiro seemed to be in deep thought until he burst out laughing. "It was this," he started laughing before he could finish "it was a, hahaha, a cat was playing with a rubber band...and...and...haha hahahaha!!" Y/n could predict what was to happen next and started to laugh a little to. He calmed down and finished what he was saying. "The band slipped from its paws and slapped him in the face! He ran away crying like an actual human!!!" Y/n imagined that and started laughing along with her peer. They stopped in the middle of the bridge to lean on the railing to laugh their hearts out.
Y/n was thinking about it until something else popped in to her head. It wasn't that funny, but in her moment of jolly she laughed even harder at it. Her face turned a light red and small tears dripped from the corners of her eyes. "Imagine the cat screamed like that one beaver!" She looked down in to the starry lake. It took a second of Eijiro to remember what she had been talking about, but he eventually remembered. "Haha! The beaver just standing there and screaming?" He asked with a smile that Y/n has never seen on him before. They continued walking across the bridge, eager to get to the small island.
"When did you first see the beaver video?" Eijiro asked, remembering the first time he saw it. "Hmm. Hehe. I was watching YouTube and accidentally clicked on the video. I was weirded out at first but then I kept watching it." They both smiled as they got off the bridge and back on land. The green grass embraced their shoes with each step the took towards the fountain. The pair looked at the clear water and saw their appearance in it, the ripples making them look wriggly. Eijiro sighed and stepped back to be behind Y/n. From hearing his deep sigh, she turned around to face him with a look of concern. "The secret, Y/n, is..." He paused for a moment, seemingly focused on one certain piece of grass on the moist ground. Y/n tilted her head, one of her h/c locks falling to her face. He swiftly took both of her hands in his. It took a little while for Y/n to process what was happening, but she got it and quickly prepared how she would nicely reject him. "I know we've only known each other for a short while, but it's felt like years for me. What I'm trying to say is, I think of you as more than a friend. And I know something is going on between you and Todoroki, but I had to let this out to you." He turned his head away, but continued to hold on to her hands that were small compared to his. "Eijiro, I'm sorry. I would give you the chance to be with me if I could, but I can't." He turned to face her again with one eyebrow raised and his eyes wide. "The group, they only know I'm engaged to Sh-Todoroki, but they don't know why. I'm in a Quirk Marriage, he and I are to have children with powerful quirks. It's unavoidable, so that's why I can't give you the chance. I'm really sorry." She turned her head down in shame, not knowing why she felt like that. "I-I saw that coming. C'mon, we shouldn't be out to late. I'll walk you home!" He smiled at her as if what had just happened never occurred. Y/n smiled gently at him as she followed him across the bridge.