Ch.23 Fire

Y/n walked down to the player waiting room. Soon she would out there, fighting Shiozaki as everyone watched. Her quirk was very obvious, and Y/n was confident that it was an easy win for her. She was thankful for her older brother for he had taught her to manipulate plants, and Shiozaki had seemed to have a plant quirk. Y/n sighed and got up, walking out to the player field. Out there, Present Mic introduced her, then Shiozaki.

"BEGIIIIIN!!" Present Mic allowed the round to begin, but they both just stood there, waiting for the other to make a move. Shiozaki moved to see if she can get to a better angle for an attack, but Y/n managed to keep her distance.

Eventually, they moved enough to have switched sides, still not doing anything.

"BOOOOOORRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING! Do something already!" Present Mic said over the speaker. Y/n sighed and closed her eyes. She wanted Shiozaki to make the first move so she can see what her quirk was. Her eyes were closed because she found it easier to think when they were closed. Shiozaki saw that and took the opportunity to get her while she's vulnerable. She turned around and let her vines of hair loose, and they grew and rushed at Y/n like animals. The vines were quiet, and she would have been best if she had not sensed the water coming at her at such quick speeds. Her eyes opened and she manipulated the vines to stop feet away from her. Shiozaki fought against her, but Y/n had the stronger quirk. Shiozaki watched fearfully as Y/n walked directly towards her, keeping the vines a safe distance away. Shiozaki used another set of vines, but that move only sent her to her loss. With those new vines, Y/n made them wrap Shiozaki up and disable her, which meant Y/n won.

"And the winner issss....L/N Y/N!!!" 

Everyone started clapping as Y/n left, surprised that it was so easy. The next match she had was her against Iida...she was more worried about Iida than Shiozaki. Iida was amazingly fast and it worried her that she wouldn't be able to get him before he pushes her out of bounds. She had about an hour to figure that out, and she hoped she would be able to win that.

~*+*~

The winners of the first round were Deku, Shoto, Y/n, Iida, Mina, Tokoyami, Kirishima, and Bakugo.

Y/n walked down to Deku's waiting room, wishing to speak with him. Her heart raced and wondered if she should even talk to him about this. She felt it necessary, but she still thought about going back. She knocked before going in, surprising Deku. "Did you need something, L/n? I think you might be looking for Todoroki-"

"No, I found who I was looking for, Midoriya." She said. She closed the door behind her and looked at the floor. "What I want to say is...in this round, please do me a favor and find out what's on Shoto's mind, I know he won't tell me. I know he wouldn't want to worry me with his problems, and I know he'll wait until I forget. I don't know if this was necessary, or if you understand what I'm saying but..."

"I'll do what I can, L/n. I understand what you mean, and I want to help him, too." Deku said, and smiled at her reassuringly. "Thank you. Good luck!" Y/n said as she walked out.

~*+*~

Deku's hands were broken and bruised, while Todoroki was almost perfectly fine, other than the frost forming.

Shoto's quirk was made so that flames wouldn't overheat him if he used ice, and ice won't lower his body temperature too much if he used fire. But, because he refuses to use his fire, his body temperature will drop, therefore he wouldn't be able to use his quirk for that long. Perhaps, Y/n's way of winning his to keep him using his quirk until he can no longer use it.

There was sudden heat, and Y/n naturally shielded her eyes with her arm, and squinted to see what was going on.

Shoto...

He was...

Using his fire..?

Y/n gasped and her e/c eyes widened. He was really using his fire...

Y/n felt kind of worried, now that he was using his left side. It was a challenge to get him with just ice, but now...now he's using fire, too. Though she was worried, she was also happy that he could accept who he was.

"SHOTOOOOOOOOOOOO!" There was a familiarly deep voice that boomed through the air and caught Y/n's attention. "Have you finally accepted your quirk?!" Y/n rolled her eyes and ignored whatever he was saying. Deku started running at him, not giving up despite being so injured. It suddenly became so bright that Y/n couldn't see anything going on, then suddenly there was a huge explosion. Bits of concrete flew across the area, making bothering sounds when scratching against the metal. When people could see the arena, they looked to see who won that match. Deku was beaten up and passed out, his arms bruised and mangled.

Shoto stood there, panting. His shirt was half burnt off, and he was sweaty. Never had Y/n seen the muscles on his torso.

She blushed at the sight, but then became worried about Deku.

If he could do all that...is there even a chance for Y/n?

She could do something about his ice, but not his fire...

Unedited