Ch.15 Testing Quirks 2/3

Y/n used the water she had to make what looked like a wave shield in front of her as she sprinted towards Shoto. He flung ice at her, but she swiped it away with water. She came close enough to him that he could feel her gentle breath hit against his tender skin. She attempted to punch him, but he dodged. She ended up sliding right past him, their cheeks softly brushing against each other. He swiftly grabbed one of her arms and the side of her waist, attempting to throw her down. Y/n slid out of his grip with ease, but nearly fell due to the fact she was already close to falling. With her distraction on his side, Shoto made a huge iceberg that was close to reaching the two fathers whom watched from above.
     Shoto chilled for a moment, question whether or not he had caught her. Little did he know, Y/n made a barrier of boiling water and barely survived the attack. Her foot had been embraced by his ice, but other than that, she was free. With one hand she kept the water encircling her and with the other she manipulated the ice. Shoto saw shards of ice in small proportions fly away from the chunk. Y/n saw a small gap and slipped out with ease using warm water. With her shield of water, she shot electricity at Shoto, but it wasn't the strongest it could go. With his left hand he blocked her attack and worked on figuring out a defense and a come-back. When her electricity embraced his arm in many loops, there was an electrifying tingle rushing through his arm, and it soon began providing a warmth. But quickly, it turned into a pain of being slapped with many rubber bands, or jumping into lemon juice with paper cuts. Instincts kicked in and his left side lot into a beautiful and powerful flame. With his right hand, he slid some ice to her feet once more, but it's time, she hadn't noticed it. She ended up slipping and fell right into Shoto's chest, the collision making them both loose balance. The water she had had been let go of and splashed down onto them, their hair dripping and soaked. One they hit the ground, Y/n had been on top of Shoto and clutching his shirt. Their lips were close to meeting. There was a single centimeter keeping them from actually kissing, and without thinking, Shoto closed that gap for a gently peck before standing up and carrying Y/n with him.