Ch.28 The Interview

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to get another hero interview! We have looked at many of your requests and have finally gotten the two "rival" heroes you've all been asking for! Please welcome...SHOTO!" The interviewer man held out his right arm as Shoto walked onto the set, taking a seat on one of the black leather chairs.

"And please welcome...(Hero Name/Lady Storm[?])!" Y/n walked up, having a for more cheerful and friendly entrance. She sat down on the other side of the interviewer.

"So, our first question is: who's quirk do you think is stronger?" Y/n thought about it for a moment. "I have to say, as much as I'd like to say mine, Todoroki's can do far more damage." The answer was acknowledged, but there was no comment on it; the questions kept coming. "Who is better at the arcade car races?"

"Oh, we've never tried it-"

"Well, you can try it now!" The interviewer snapped his fingers and suddenly there were two arcade car racing games in front of them, and a screen split in half showing the screens on both Shoto's and Y/n's. "Get ready to race!" They both looked at each other quickly and sat down on them. Their sides were facing the audience. They saw each other's card in their screens. Y/n's was a (favorite/second favorite color) and white, and Shoto's was red and black. There was a "Road work ahead" sign on Y/n's side. It started counting down. "Road work ahead? Yeah, I sure hope it does!" After about five minutes, Y/n had won.

"Our next question is...what do you guys want in life and why do you want it?"

"What do we want?" Y/n looked at the ceiling with her eyes.

"Weed!" Shoto said not so quietly and the audience heard.
"Why do we want it?"
"Weed!" Shoto said again.
"We already said that!" Y/n said and looked at Shoto, smiling.
"What do we want?" Shoto repeated the same movement as Y/n when she said it.
"Weed—Wait I'm confused." The two of them looked at each other and started laughing.

"Now, Shoto, (Lady Storm[?]/Hero name), the next question on our list is: do you have any kind of past relationship? Whether that be friends or lovers. With double quirks AND going to the same school, your fans are wondering about it, and are fantasizing about it." There was a silence. They both wanted to make sure he was done talking. But the silence lasted longer as they waited for each other to answer. "Are you...going to answer?" Y/n said to Shoto.

"I thought...you wanted to do that?" He replied, unsure of himself.

"Hahaha, you were wrong!"

Shoto looked at his feet, defeated. Then he sighed. "We rarely ever spoke." They just accepted that, and so did Y/n.

"Let's see who is better at tag hide and seek!" The lights turned off. "(Hero Name) will be the hider for the first round, and Shoto will be the seeker! You have the whole room to hide and seek! Any questions? Shoto, begin counting up to 20!"

Shoto sighed and regretted his life decisions and hid his face on the coffee table, wanting to stay in that chair for as long as possible. Y/n quickly found a hiding spot. She crawled under the second row seats with every guest there's permission.

"...20." Shoto said loudly and began searching. He stopped at a point where he can see most of the seats there. "Red Robin!"

"Yum!" Y/n replied and popped out from under the seats. Shoto darted towards her. "Oh no! Oh no!" She tried to escape, but she couldn't. Shoto tagged her.

Now it was the other way around.

"...20!" Y/n turned around quickly and began searching. After a minute, Y/n heard the door open. "That moment when you go into a room and forget why you went in there." Y/n snuck up behind him and tagged his shoulder. "Oh yeah, I was playing this game."

"Who is better at catch?" Y/n was given a ball, and she was ready to throw it.

"Think fast!" She said, and Shoto looked to be out in his own world.

"The Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell. The squared root of...Leonardo DiCaprio has never won an Oscar..."

The ball landed right in Shoto's face. That question was answered quickly.

Then Y/n realized something.

"I saw you hanging out with Mina yesterday!"

"Y-Y/n! It's not what you think!"

"I won't hesitate Banana Apple!" She got a straw from nowhere and blew the top paper at him.

•*•*•*

Even if she didn't like Shoto that much, she had to admit it was a fun time. She wanted to ask him about the text while she was there, but she didn't.

Unedited and rushed.