Ch.27 Heartbreak

After the Sports Festival, school continued as usual. Y/n and Shoto grew closer and closer.

"Part of me is glad about this arranged marriage." Shoto said to Y/n one night. It was kind of strange. "Oh? Why is that?"

"Because, no matter what, we have to get married. It doesn't matter if you are in love with someone else, you'll be mine in the end. You're stuck with me. If you love someone else when we get married, our marriage will force you to love me." Shoto said. It was one of those things when he had a thought that wasn't so bad, but the way he put it was wrong. So wrong.

"...so you like that fact that I have no freedom of who I want to marry?.."

"I guess so. I don't really care who you love because you'll be married to me. I've been talking to Yaoyorozu since I know our relationship won't matter when we get married." Shoto said blankly. "You...you guess so?!" Y/n got up, grabbing her school bag. She quickly walked towards the front door of Shoto's house, unknowingly stomping. Fuyumi stopped her on her way, feeling concerned.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" She gently grabbed Y/n's elbows. It didn't matter how mad she was at Shoto, Fuyumi was just too sweet to spill anger on her. "That brother of yours! I'm telling my father to pull off the marriage!" Y/n has cried in front of Fuyumi. Fuyumi seemed shock, but accepted it. "Okay. I support your decision, and I hope it goes your way."

"Thank you."

Y/n left and walked to her own home, where three of her brothers were watching TV together. "(Nickname), you're home earlier than I expected!" Akio said and looked at her. He saw she was crying and stood up, running towards his little sister. "Hey, hey, what's wrong?"

"Aki, where's father?" Y/n's voice broke and she rested her forehead on his shoulder.

"Right here. What happened, little darling?!" Y/n's father grabbed her from Akio and hugged her. Y/n started crying a rainstorm and sobbing. She was so upset that she lost control of her quirk. She might have been overly-dramatic, but she felt heartbroken.

"Dad/daddy/papa/father/any other name to call a father, cancel the marriage!" There was sparks coming from all around the three. Daichi and Daisuke both came running and stopped just before the sparks. "Please, cancel it!" She cried and cried. That's all she remembered from that night. Apparently, she fell asleep when eating her favorite ice cream and crying, and she was carried into bed. She started crying in her sleep, and just like when she was little, her mother came in and comforted her in the middle of the night. Her mother fell asleep with her.

After a couple months, Y/n recovered and refused to be anywhere near Shoto. Endeavor had reluctantly agreed to cancel their marriage. Now Y/n was free to be with who she wanted. It felt sort of...nice?

"You finally done smooching IcyHot?" Bakugo said, putting his feet up on the coffee table. They were all hanging out at Bakugo's house. His mom was pretty cool, and his father was the exact opposite of him. Eijiro and Mina started dating after realizing how close and how much they had in common, and that they liked each other deep down. Y/n wasn't jealous, because she wasn't going to start dating Eijiro just because of the fact that her quirk marriage was cancelled. She just took the time to get to know more people around her and found herself crushing on Bakugo. Bakugo...

He was way sweeter in his own ways. They started dating eventually. Shoto and Momo became a thing, too, but it appeared one-sided and empty. Y/n couldn't help but feel but for the girl.

*•*•*

Years after Class 1-A became heroes, Katsuki proposed to Y/n, and she accepted. They stayed engaged for a while, agreeing that that point in time wasn't the best for a wedding. They wanted to wait about a year before doing anything. Why? Who knows.

Shoto proposed to Momo, and she accepted.

"I don't know, Y/n, things seem empty and he's always in his own world..." Momo was complaining to Y/n. She stayed with him because she convinced herself that he was just like that, and he did love her.

"Break off the engagement. You deserve so much more than him, Momo."

Momo was convinced, and so she did. She didn't seem upset about it...more like relaxed and freed. Shoto didn't seem broken about it.

Somehow, Shoto got Y/n's number and texted her.

Unedited. This was rushed and I really moved it quickly. Sorry!