Ch.10 Kept Secret

Eijiro opened the door for Y/n like a gentleman, offering his brightest smile to her. She walked in, thanking him as she did so with a bright smile of her own. The smell of the small shop brought back so many memories. An enthusiastic waiter led them over to a corner with a small but comfortable booth distanced from the rest of the people. The seats were a bit faded and spongey, it was most likely a deep garnet and more firm when it was first made. The two sit across from each other. It was obvious to any person within eye-range to see the trepidation rising from Eijiro, Y/n could see it so clearly. She looked deeply in to his ruby-like eyes, searching for an answer like it was a cure for an incurable, deadly illness. Though she didn't look in his eyes to comfort him, he felt more calmed by her look. He hadn't know the reason as to why, but he was, her eyes sent such a gentle and caring feeling down his whole body.

Even though Y/n was always tough, jokingly-dramatic, and sarcastic, she was still a person who was good to have around when times are difficult to get through. 'That's exactly why I love her' Eijiro thought as he stared right back in to her eyes. In his head, it all worked out and made sense. A manly man like him and a woman who could easily protect herself and is caring seemed so perfect, more than perfect. He would definitely understand if she didn't feel the same at all, it wouldn't be manly of him if he didn't. He knew what was happening between her and Shoto, but he hadn't known the full story. The only thing he knew was that they were engaged. He cleared his throat while turning his head down, causing Y/n to break eye-contact and look at the miniature menu staring up at her, asking to be looked through. "What do you want?" Kirishima asked, preventing an awkward silence from rising any further. "I can't decide between Cherry Cheesecake and the Red Velvet Cake with chocolate chips..." She squinted her rather large eyes at the menu, deep in thought.

Eijiro turned his attention from his crush to the menu again, not knowing what to order. He hadn't been there so many times that he knows what most of the desserts are like, so he was completely stuck on that. "What is something you would recommend for me?" He scratched the side of his head wit his first-finger, looking down at the menu in a lost way like he was adrift in the vast ocean. "Cream-puffs with chocolate drizzle, cake-pops—the flavors are right here—um, chocolate lava cake. Milkshakes and red-velvet fudge, too." She listed, her head faced up and he eyes rolled up and to the side. "I guess I'll go with the red-velvet fudge."

"Good choice."

"Are you both ready to order?" A waitress came over to their small booth, holding a note-pad and a pen with two doves dangling off it. One was white and red and the other was (two of your theme colors). "Yes. I love your pen by the way." Y/n said to her. She gave off a very bright smile to her and said thank you in a very cheery way. She looked like she was in her mid-twenties. "Okay what would you like, Miss?" She asked, setting down the tip of her blue-inked pen, tapping it as she waited. "A cherry cheesecake, please." The waitress nodded and looked at Eijiro. "Uh, red-velvet fudge, please?"

The waitress wrote it down and walked quickly over to the kitchen, her red high-heels tapping on the shiny tile floor. "You wanna go walk in the park nearby? I heard it's a pretty nice one." Eijiro asked, pointing his thumb in a random direction. Y/n tried to remember the park he was referring to, there were many nearby. "Sure?"

     There was a sound of a vibration going off against Eijiro's seat. He seemed a bit shocked about it for a small moment, but then relaxed when he found it was only his phone. He looked at it from under the table, the brightness of the screen slightly illuminating his face. Y/n tapped her fingers against her thigh, resting her head on her first as her eyes wondered around the familiar building. There were three buzzes against Y/n's pocket, probably texts from Bakusquad or the Gals. She looked upon her screen to see that it was Bakusquad, and it was a conversation between Eijiro and Bakugo. Bakugo was asking about how it was going and if he had revealed the secret and Eijiro responded, getting a pushing answer out of Bakugo. "Enjoy your desserts!" The waitress surprised them both as she placed the appropriate desserts in front of the two of them. Y/n's cheesecake slice was glazed in cherry flavoring, two seedless cherries sitting on top. Eijiro's fudge was a pinkish color, but looked mighty delicious. It was cut in to cubes and made a pyramid shape, using only nine pieces. Eijiro placed his fingers at the edge of the table, not wanting to take a bite of his until Y/n took a bite of hers. She took her fork and cute in to the slice, the white cheesecake in the inside looking soft and the red glaze over it looking hard like chocolate. She cut in to the slice and took a bite, the cherry glaze melting to a liquid in her mouth. Eijiro took a small bite of the delicious fudge as he kept glancing up at the girl. He felt prepared to confess his love to her soon.