𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐌𝐞

"Juggie!" Betty scolded, laughing as he tried to shove a piece of chocolate in her mouth.

"Shh," He hushed, laying next to her, their heads resting on the same pillow. "You'll scare off the whole city,"

"No, I won't," She giggled, turning to face him a little better. "It's impossible,"

They laid together on a few blankets, placed on the rooftop's floor. They watched as the sun set before them, falling in behind the city's horizon. It almost seemed surreal watching as the different colours faded into each other. Blending into a rainbow of design. Painting a picture they would remember for eternity. 

"Princess..." He questioned, the name bringing back so many fond memories. "Baby?"

"Mhm?" She hummed, quickly snapping out of her trance down memory lane. "What is it?"

"So..." He nervously began. "Do you remember when we had that fight about me not wanting you around the serpents?"

"About you not wanting me to see the real you," She added, air quoting 'real'. He nodded his head, wearily. "How could I forget..."

"Well, I thought about it and..."

"And?"

"If you wanted to, you could come with me to a meeting in a few days..." He continued, spotting her eyes light up in hope. "Only if you really want to," 

"Really?!" She asked, smiling in astonishment. 

"As long as you promise to still love me afterwards,"

"How could I not love you?" She questioned, looking into his timid eyes. She gently cupped his cheek, seconds before placing a sweet, loving kiss on his lips. "Plus, it can't be that bad,"

"You would think..."

"Jug...there's nothing that could ever push me away," She stated, lightly tracing his sharp jawline with her delicate finger.

"I hope so..."

"I know so," She assured, then suddenly a thought flew into her mind. "You're not just talking about yourself with the serpents, are you?"

"No..." He admitted, letting out a sigh.

"Then tell me," She pleaded. "Tell me what you're so worried about,"

"I'm worried about you..."

"Why me?"

"I'm scared that one day, you'll wake up and realize you don't really love me," He confessed, changing his gaze up to the sky since he couldn't bear to look her in the eyes. "I'm scared that once you'll realize, you'll run away..."

"Like how your mom left your dad?" She asked, snuggling into his side further.

"Ya..."

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but that won't happen, ever," She stated, toying with a button on his shirt. "You're stuck with me,"

"That doesn't sound all bad," He chuckled, spotting a slight smirk on her lips. "But sometimes I can't help but worry, even if I know I shouldn't,"

"I do that too,"

"Worry?" He questioned, turning back to her.

"Yes..." She answered. "I can't help it when my anxiety takes over, consuming me whole,"

"This is why you have me," He responded, grazing his fingers through her hair. "So I can break you out of the darkness,"

"It doesn't always work like that..."