𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

『••✎••』

Hi! So, you probably weren't expecting this chapter, but I had an idea to write it and went with it. Also, since I've last updated, there have been many new readers—to which I thank for being so supportive and kind. 

And one last message before you get into this last chapter, I'd like to say that my writing style has changed quite a lot in these past months. And if you enjoy it, I have a completed short story out, and I'm currently working on new oneshots and new books. 

Enjoy <3

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"Can you believe it?!" Betty squealed, quickly spinning around from looking at herself in the mirror. "I'm getting married!"

"An hour from now you'll be a married woman!" Veronica grinned, squishing the blonde in another hug. 

"Veronica!" Betty giggled. "You're going to mess up my makeup."

"Sorry," she quickly apologized, checking if she had done any damage. She hadn't, luckily. "I'm just so happy for you." 

"Don't worry, V. I'll probably act the same way when it's your turn to be wed to some lucky guy," Betty assured. "I'll be aiming the bouquet at you. Don't tell anyone that though."

"Okay. I won't," Veronica chuckled. "I'll just have to catch it, but it's not like there are more than twenty other girls trying to do the same." 

"You lived in New York, V. You'll be fine," Betty smiled, fixing a stray hair back into place. 

"Betty? Are you ready?" 

Both girls turned as Alice walked in, almost instantly freezing in place once she saw her daughter. Tears easily came to her eyes, but she wiped them away. 

"Mom," Betty cooed, walking up to her. "Please don't cry. Then I'll cry." 

"Sorry honey. I just never thought this day would come so soon. You look beautiful," Alice sniffled. Though, she quickly turned to laugh as Veronica handed her a tissue. "Thanks, hon." 

"No problem Mrs. Cooper." Veronica paused for a moment, turning to Betty. "I'll wait in the hallway and give you two a moment." And with that she left, shutting the door behind her. 

"God, look at you," Alice sighed. "My baby's grown up." 

"Mom..." Betty warned, feeling her eyes begin to well up. "I can't cry yet."

"Sorry," she apologized again. "I just can't help it. I love you so much." 

"I love you too, mom," Betty giggled, trying to do anything but cry. She was saving those emotions for Jughead, when she walked down the aisle. 

"Well, you've got five minutes to go," Alice told her, after glancing at her watch. "I should probably go find my seat." 

"Okay..."

"Oh. And honey, F.P.'s waiting for you at the front doors," Alice reminded, walking towards the door. "I love you."

"I love you too, mom," Betty repeated, taking a deep breath as the door shut behind her mother. 

The second she was alone, Betty began to pace. It wasn't that she was getting cold feet—she definitely wasn't—but her anxiety had kicked it. Well, that was a lie. Her anxiety had kicked in long ago, but now it only got worse. 

She stopped in front of the mirror one last time, checking her complexion completely; head to toe. Some would say she looked flawless, but her anxiety pointed out everything to her. And the thought that everyone had a chance to see them, it made her stomach churn. And after she fixed all that she could, she turned to the clock across the room.