𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡

It had been a couple of weeks since Betty and Jughead started dating.

During those weeks, they eventually told their parents who were surprisingly not completely shocked. Then they finally told the one person they were scared to tell. 

Jellybean.

They weren't scared of her disapproving of them, actually quite the opposite. They were scared of how much she would love it.

Jellybean had always dreamed of having a sister. She loved Betty too. This would be her way of having an older sister, whom she would try to hoard for herself.

And as they predicted, she jumped up and down in joy. A glowing smile lit up her face.

It was the happiest they had both ever seen the little girl.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"Where are you taking me?" Betty giggled, watching as Jughead grabbed his backpack from the back of his bike, swinging it over his shoulder and grabbing his keys before walking back towards her.

"It's a surprise," He replied, taking her hand in his and starting to walk towards the wooded area.

"You're not dragging me into the woods to kill me, are you?" She questioned, slightly nervous.

"Maybe..." He joked, a smirk growing on his lips as they gradually made their way towards the start of a trail in the pine forest he had brought her to.

"Can you give me a hint?" She asked, curiously.

"I told you, it's a surprise," He repeated, glancing down at her to watch her huff in annoyance.

After a few minutes of walking on the newly found trails, the trees around them gradually started thin out around them before completely stopping at the water's edge.

"Wow..." Betty breathed out, eyeing the stunning beauty of the sight held before them.

After the treeline ended, a beautiful beach started, the Atlantic Ocean's water flowing just before their eyes. The weather was too cold to swim, but the sight was astonishing.

The open ocean washing in and back out, sending lost driftwood back in after being swept out to sea. Jughead watched as her face lit up, admiring the view he had surprised her with. The view he knew that she would love.

She slowly walked up to where the sand had ended and the water had begun, gazing at the endless amount of water as Jughead gently laid down a blanket on the sand for them to sit on without getting dirty.

"How did you know about this place?" She asked, looking around the hidden beach, then back to him.

"My mom used to take me here before she left, Jellybean too, but she was too little back then to have remembered..." He answered, taking a seat on the blanket as she walked back over to him.

"I only just remembered about this place a few days ago..." He added as she sat down next to him, cuddling close.

"Why'd you bring me here? not that I'm complaining..." She questioned, contently.

"I remembered how beautiful this place was and thought you would love it," He answered, feeling her melt into his embrace.

"You were right, this place is amazing," She responded, truthfully.

"And I wanted to make new memories here with you, turn this place from the past to present," He added, making her smile.

Jughead gently leaned back, laying down on the blanket with her on top of him, snuggling close. His heart warmed at the scent of her sweet-smelling perfume. The one she knew he liked best.

He enjoyed these sweet moments with her, as did she. Everything was perfect, the good "perfect".

"I was right," She commented, slowly closing her eyes as she leaned against his chest.

"About what?" He questioned, curiously.

"Jughead Jones has gone soft," She replied, a smirk playing on her lips.

"I...whatever..." He mumbled, a grin growing on his face since he knew that she was right.

She let out a giggle as she looked up at him, her smile beaming with joy. She gently placed a kiss on his lips, then snuggling her head back into the crook of his neck.

"I like this side of you..." She admitted, her smile just as bright as before.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

As soon as Betty stepped foot into the Cooper household, her mother came around the corner, startling her a little.

"Where were you?" Alce questioned, bitterly.

"Out with Jughead," She answered, happy that she didn't have to lie anymore.

"For five hours!" Alice exclaimed, angrily.

"The drive there was an hour, then the drive back..." She started.

"So really, we spent three hours there," Betty stated, hanging up her coat.

"Where did you go that was an hour away?" Alice asked.

"He took me to a beach by the ocean," She answered, a small smile rising on her face.

Alice was glad to so her daughter so happy, even when his name was just mentioned, a smile appeared on her lips. Alice wondered how she could possibly be so happy, practically bursting with joy at any minute, of any day, all the time.

"So, you and Jughead..." Alice started, sitting down on the couch next to her.

"Mom..." Betty warned.

"He makes you happy, right," Alice spoke, even if she already knew the answer, she wanted to hear it come from her.

"Ya, of course," She replied, smiling at the thought of him.

"You've really fallen for this boy, haven't you?" Alice questioned, glad that her daughter was happy.

"Mhm," She hummed, a grin plastered on her face as she fiddled with her fingers, a little.

"Do you trust him?" Her mother asked.

"Yes..." Betty answered, wearily.

"Just making sure," Alice clarified, putting her at ease.

After a minute, she spoke again, catching Betty off guard.

"Do you love him?"

Heartbreak (Bughead) ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें