𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐌𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮

"Juggie!" Betty called out from the bathroom, trying to do something new with her eyeshadow. After a few more seconds, he didn't answer so she tried again. "Jug!"

After not getting an answer once again, she worriedly stepped out of the bathroom to find that he wasn't there. He had completely disappeared, or so she thought. She gasped as she felt someone grab her from behind, spinning her around to face them.

"Jughead!" She scolded, her heart racing a mile a minute. "Where were you?"

"I went out into the hall to answer a phone call," He replied, giving her a reassuring smile. 

"You scared me!" She stated, playfully slapping him on the chest. "I thought you left me here alone..."

"I'm sorry, Princess," He apologized, cupping her cheek to bring gaze her to look into his eyes. "I just couldn't let you hear what they were saying..."

"Why?" She asked, unsure of what to think. 

"Because it would ruin the surprise," He answered, giving her a playful smile.

"Surprise?" She questioned, now smiling. "What surprise?"

"Go finish getting ready and you'll find out," He spoke, watching as she excitedly ran back towards the bathroom, her smile beaming.  

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"Where are you taking me?" Betty giggled, her hand in his as he dragged her down an alleyway. 

"You are very impatient," He stated, giving her one of his ever so handsome smirks. 

"Really, I didn't know," She sarcastically commented, ginning back at him.

He chuckled as he pulled her towards a metal fire escape staircase, leading up to who knows where. She suddenly became confused as he stopped mid-step, pulling something out of his jean pocket. 

A blindfold. 

"Juggie..." She spoke, wearily. 

"I told you, it's a surprise," He responded, motioning for her to turn around. Once she did, he gently tied the piece of fabric around her head, easily hiding away everything that stood before her. "Trust me, this will be worth it,"

"How will I get up the steps?" She questioned, turning back to where she assumed he still was. 

Her question was easily answered as he picked her up, her arms quickly wrapping around his neck, careful not to hurt him. 

"Oh..." She giggled, hiding her head in the crook of his neck.

"let's go,"

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"Are you ready?" He asked, standing behind her, ready to take off the blindfold. 

"Yes!" She exclaimed, her excitement shooting through the roof. "Take it off already!"

"Demanding," He chuckled, watching as she squirming in impatientness. 

He slowly pulled the black piece of fabric from her face, almost blinding her with the bright sunlight. After her eyes finished adjusting to the light difference, she moved her hands away from her face, shocked by the view she saw.

"Wow..."

She was somehow up on top of a rooftop, though not a crazy tall one. A few taller buildings towered around them, but most seemed to be shorter than the one they stood on. The floor under them was just a simple grey concrete, the barrier keeping them from falling off the edge made of the same substance. 

What amazed her the most was how the sun was starting to set from above, slowly falling behind the many structures that stood before them. The sky was painted with so many different colours, all blending into each other. 

"How did you find this place?" Betty asked, turning back towards him. 

"I have my ways..." He replied, running his fingers through her hair, brushing it out of her eyes. 

Betty practically melted when she saw his overpowering smirk, something that had always caused her heart to flutter. She couldn't help but grin back, her brain filled with a mix of delightful chemicals. 

"There's more..." He added, quickly spinning her around which made her let out a cute giggle. God, he loved her cute little laugh. "Come on,"

"Juggie!" She laughed, being dragged behind him. 

She gasped as he pulled her around a corner, stopping in surprise as she took in everything. She spotted a deep red blanket, sprawled out on the ground, string lights hung above it. There were a few floor pillows to sit on, surrounding a cute little table. There were foods of many kinds, drinks as well. 

"For you..." He spoke, handing her a beautiful, red bouquet of roses. Almost identical to the ones he sent her before they had even gotten together. 

"You didn't have to do this," She stated, taking in the sweet scent of the pretty flowers. "I don't deserve this..." 

"Yes, you do," He responded, only speaking the truth. 

"Jug..."

"Come on, let me treat you," He continued, taking her delicate hand in his. "Let me love you,"

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤