𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬? 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐀𝐦 𝐓𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮?

Betty slowly awoke the next morning, in an unfamiliar room, wrapped in dark, almost black sheets. She turned around a little to find Jughead asleep next to her, shirtless. That's when she remembered the events of the prior night, a smile forming on her face.

She carefully got up, putting on the t-shirt that had somehow fallen to the floor. Probably from last night.

She took one last glance at Jughead before making her way towards his bathroom, already brushing her hair out with her fingers. She looked at herself in the mirror, smiling to herself. She couldn't stop smiling, even if she wanted to.

She gently ran her fingers down her neck, starting at her jawline and stoping down by her collarbone, hovering over top of a dark bruise that Jughead had left, along with a few others.

She was glowing with excitement, bursting with joy. Nothing could ruin her mood. Or so she thought.

"Someone seems happy," Jughead spoke, propped up on his elbow, gazing at her from the bed.

She slowly walked back towards him, a smile beaming on her face.

"Because I am," She replied, sitting back down on the bed, next to him.

"I wonder why?" He questioned sarcastically, a smirk playing on his lips.

She let out a squeal as he pulled her closer towards himself, chuckling a little himself. She immediately laid her head down onto his chest as he held her close, around her waist.

"Juggie..." She started, tracing a finger over his chest, drawing patterns onto his skin.

"Yes, Princess?" He asked, running his fingers through her hair.

"This is oddly domestic, don't you think?" She questioned, spreading her thumb over his sharp jawline, then cupping his face.

"But it feels right," He commented, enjoying and taking in every moment they spent together. "And you look astonishing in my shirt..." He added, making the girl blush.

"Stop it!" She whined, letting out a giggle.

"But love seeing you blush," He stated, making her blush darken.

He chuckled at the sight, amused by what he had caused. He loved it, in and out. He had fallen for her, plain and simple.

"I hate you..." She mumbled, hiding her face into his neck, causing him to chuckle again.

"Oh, you love it!" He spoke, pulling her even closer.

"Shut up..." She muttered, making a smirk start to appear on his face.

"No way!" He shouted, causing her to giggle.

"You're crazy," She said, looking up to meet his gaze.

She let out a sigh as she laid her head back down on his chest, her arm hugging him close as she closed her eyes, living in the peaceful moment that would soon change, ever so quickly.

"Juggie..." She spoke as he smiled at the new nickname he had just acquired.

"What is it, Princess?" He questioned, curiously.

"What are we?" She asked, catching him off guard.

"Well, we're friends, aren't we?" He quickly answered.

"Just friends?" She questioned, looking up at him.

"Well, ya..." He replied, making Betty sit up now.

"That's it?" She continued, in disbelief.

"What's wrong?" He asked as she got up quickly, starting to dress herself again.

"So I'm just another girl you can add to your list!" She spoke, anger rushing through her veins

"What, who said that?" He questioned, shocked.

"You just did!" She stated, slipping back on her dress under his shirt.

"When?" He asked, putting on a pair of sweatpants.

"Just now!" She shouted, trying to zip up her dress as much as she could. "When you said we were 'just friends'!" She added, pulling the shirt off, over her head and throwing it back at him.

"I didn't mean it like that!" He responded, yelling now too.

"Then how did you mean it?" She asked, looking him in the eyes.

"I...I don't know..." He nervously stumbled with his words.

"Exactly..." She spoke, grabbing the rest of her stuff before storming out of the room.

"Betty, wait!" He shouted after her, but it was already too late.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

Betty slowly walked up the steps towards her house, then opening the door and kicking her shoes off. She quickly wiped her tear-stained cheeks before her mother could see, even though it probably wouldn't do anything.

"Where have you been, and what are you wearing?" Her mother scolded as she stormed up to her. It wasn't until now that Alice had noticed that her daughter had been crying, her eyes red and puffy. "What's happened?" She asked, concerned.

"Nothing..." Betty lied, grabbing her heels to take up to her room, along with her purse.

"Tell me!" Her mother demanded, nervously fearing the worst.

"I told you, it was nothing," Betty said, starting to walk up the steps towards her room.

"Well, can we talk later?" Alice asked, genuinely worried about her.

"Sure..." Betty mumbled, before locking herself in her room.

She effortlessly dropped her stuff to the floor and slowly laid down on her bed as tears came back to her eyes.

She hated him for this, but at the same time, she still wanted him. How could she? She was angry and heartbroken. He had just used her like all of those other girls. It probably meant nothing to him, or that's what she thought.

Little did she know that it meant everything to him. That he was just scared to call them more than "just friends".

She felt her phone vibrate next to her, so she slowly picked it up to see that he was calling her. Another tear fell as she hit "decline" and set the phone back down, before slowly falling back asleep.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤