𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐬

"Do you love him?"

Her mother's words kept replaying in her mind, over and over again. 

Did she love him? That was the question.

Sure they had been dating for a few months now, but still, was it too soon? Even if she did, would he ever love her? She didn't know if he did, she may never know.

But who's to say that he didn't. That he never would.

Her anxiety was driving her insane, telling her all sorts of things that weren't necessarily true;

Like how he could never love her, meaning she shouldn't love him.

It was messing with her head, uncontrollably.

She laid down on her bed, eyes closed deep in thought when someone knocked on her door, making her get up quickly. Her eyes landed on the raven-haired boy, leaning against her doorframe, a Pop's bag in hand.

"Surprise!" 

"What are you doing here?" She asked, a smile now appearing on her face.

A real, genuine smile.

"Well, I wanted to see you so...I thought that I'd just make a date out of it..." He nervously rambled on, making her giggle.

"Are you asking me out?" She questioned, playfully.

"Maybe..." He answered, hopefully.

"Well, I'd love to," She replied, causing a smile to form on his lips, ever so quickly.

"Good, now go get ready," He demanded, shoving her towards her closet, practically begging her to change out of her pyjamas.

She giggled as he pushed her in playfully, then sitting back down on her bed as he looked through what was inside of the take out bag.

"No eating on my bed!" She scolded as he placed a fry into his mouth.

"That's not what you said a few nights ago, just you and me..." He replied with a smirk, causing her to blush from the memories of that night.

"Shut up," She mumbled, taking her clothes into the bathroom to change.

"Are you telling that to your past self, or..." He continued, his smirk growing.

With a grin on her face, she playfully rolled her eyes and threw one of her shoes at him, then shut the bathroom door behind herself before starting to change.

"Hey!" He called out after her, an amused look on his face.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

After finishing their food from Pop's, they decided it was best to take a walk along the boardwalk.  The one that ran down the river's edge.

It was beautiful there. The golden leaves scattered across the ground, a build-up from the last few weeks, in the chilly autumn weather. The bare trees whisking in the wind, as dusk set around them.

The cold breeze chilled them when it hit, seeming to be the only downside. It wasn't until a few more minutes passed that the first snowflake fell, then another, and another.

It was the first real snowfall of the year, in mid-November. Sure a few had fallen a few weeks ago, but not enough to be considered a snowstorm.

"Juggie!" Betty spoke, looking up into the sky with a smile on her face.

He watched her giggle when a few of the delicate crystals fell on her face, shining in what was left of the sunlight.

God, she was beautiful, he thought.

He wanted to live in this moment forever.

Their noses and cheeks red from the cold, their bodies wrapped in warm winter coats that protected them from the freezing temperature.

The river flowed beside them since it wasn't cold enough for it to freeze yet, but it would be in the days to come. The sun began to fall behind the trees, begging to last a little while longer to keep them warm.

Everything seemed to be so perfect, creating a memory that would last a lifetime. An eternity of love. 

"What?" She giggled, noticing that he had been watching her for a while.

He smiled before pulling her close, holding her by her waist as she wrapped her arms up and around his neck.

"You're so beautiful," He stated, causing her to blush as she traced her fingers along the edge of his beenie.

He leaned down, kissing her sweetly as she melted into his embrace.

They gave each other warmth as the night grew cold, even more snow crystals falling everywhere around them from above.

Betty smiled as they pulled away, bliss coursing through her veins.

She loved moments like these, moments she would cherish for as long as she possibly could. 

She loved moments she spent with him; Jughead Jones.

The one that deep down, she knew she loved.

And hopefully, he loved her too.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤