𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐇𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐞!

They quickly pulled away once they heard someone clear their throat from behind them, causing them to panic. They turned to find that the 'someone' had been Jughead's father, F.P.

"Dad!" Jughead spoke, unsure of what to say.

He was confused. They didn't blame him. Jughead and Betty were barely ever even friends. Now, he walked in on them making out, alone in the kitchen.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

After the party, Jughead and his father were in his truck, driving home when he finally spoke.

"You're not going to play this one, right?" F.P. questioned, catching Jughead off guard. "I'm not blind, I saw how you used those other girls..." 

"Play who?" Jughead asked, even though he already knew who he was talking about.

"Betty..." He answered. "She's a family friend, I just don't want you to hurt her even more..." 

"Even more?"

"Just promise me, she's still somewhat still getting over her parent's nasty divorce," He stated.

"I promise..." Jughead agreed.

After a moment of silence, F.P. spoke once again, staying on the same topic.

"Why her anyway?" He asked. " You've never shown any interest in her before,"

"I...I don't know..." Jughead stuttered. 

"Well, the real question is; do you see anything with her?" He continued.

"I..."

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

His father's words played through his mind on repeat, over and over again. 

"I don't want you to hurt her even more,"

"Why her anyway, you've never shown any interest in her before,"

"Well, the real question is; do you see anything with her?"

The worst part was he didn't even have an answer for the last question, because frankly, he didn't know himself.

"Jones!" Toni shouted for the last time, finally getting his attention. "You zoned out again," She stated, drying a few shot glasses with a dishtowel.

"Sorry," He apologized, shoving his empty glass across the bar, towards her. "What were you saying?"  

"That doesn't matter," She started, refilling his glass again, then handing it back to him. "Now, what is so important to distract you from your best friend?" 

"It's nothing..." He said, taking a sip of his drink.

"Sure..." She spoke, not believing a word he said.

"Fine, it's about a girl..." He started, receiving a shocked look.

"You?" She exclaimed. "Caught up over a girl, no way!" 

"Who's the lucky girl?" She questioned, a smirk playing on her lips.

"Now I regret telling you," He commented, taking another sip.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"Wait, what happened?" Veronica questioned, surprised by what her best friend just told her.

"We kissed..." Betty answered, wearily.

"Did he kiss you or did you kiss him?" Veronica continued to ask, picking up one of her fries and placing it in her mouth.

"He kissed me..." She replied, taking a sip of her milkshake.

"Really!" Veronica shouted, startling some of the people around them.

"Veronica, we're in a public place!" Betty scolded, slightly embarrassed. 

"Sorry..." She mumbled.

"Just please don't tell anyone else," Betty pleaded. "We haven't talked since then," 

"That doesn't make it sound any better," Veronica stated, taking another fry. 

"Not helping!" 

"Well, if you want some advise..." Veronica offered. "If I were you, I'd go and talk to him," 

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

Maybe it was a mistake, he didn't feel anything towards me... Betty thought, laying on her bed and staring up at the ceiling. It wasn't until that moment that she finally realized what she was doing.

She was falling for him. 

She had never fallen for a boy like this before. Sure, she had a few crushes before, but never like this. She never worried like this before. Especially over a boy. 

The strangest part wasn't that. It was who she was falling for. Jughead Jones.

Not that he wasn't good looking, because he was. Or his grades were terrible, they were actually really good. It was because of who he was, What he was.

Not a Southsider, she didn't care about that. What scared her was that he was a part of the Serpents. Their King even. She was always warned about them by her parents as a child. 

Her mother had hated how F.P. parented Jughead. She had even tried talking to him about it, but it never worked.

It also confused Betty how she had never felt anything for him until now. What changed?

No matter how hard she tried to clear her head, he always managed to find a way back, over and over again.

She sighed and got up from her bed, walking towards her bathroom.

Maybe a shower would help.

Boy was she wrong. It only helped her think about him even more. Out of a hundred thoughts, he held about ninety-nine. Unable to leave her alone. She huffed in anger, enraged by herself for thinking these things.

Veronica was right, she desperately needed to talk to him.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤