𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡?

Betty walked into the party, alongside Veronica, nervously hoping that her plan would work. It was her last chance. Or so she thought.

Betty wore the perfectly pink dress, along with a matching pair of stilettos that Veronica had forced her into wearing for the sake of it. Veronica wore a dark blue dress, close to similar to Betty's, along with a pair of black strappy heels and her signature pearls.

Betty, oblivious to the fact the Jughead was just in front of her, amazed by her beauty, looked around for any familiar faces before she felt that she had been pushed into someone. Veronica had been the one to push her into him.

She didn't even give her a warning before running off into the crowd of people. After Betty had steadied herself, she looked up, surprised by who she saw.

"Betty, are you okay?" He asked as she looked around, behind herself.

"I'm going to kill her," Betty mumbled under her breath.

"What?" He questioned, even though he had heard her perfectly clear.

"Nothing..." She replied. "And yes, I'm fine," She added, answering his previous question. But Veronica wasn't going to be later if Betty found her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, obviously knowing that Betty was not a 'party girl'.

"Oh uh, Veronica forced me to come with her tonight," She stated. It wasn't a complete lie, though. She just twisted the truth a little bit.

"And then left you out to survive on your own?" 

"I think she was just going to get a drink," Betty said, hoping herself that it was true.

"Oh..." Jughead spoke, unsure of what to say.

They were both awkwardly silent for a moment before one of them spoke up again, breaking the unbearably, dreadful silence.

"I should probably go find her..." Betty stated, already starting to walk away, towards the crowd of people.

"Wait!" He shouted after her, grabbing her arm and pulling her back towards him, looking into her eyes. They both froze for a moment, staring into each other's eyes, getting lost once again.

It wasn't until now that he could finally notice what she was wearing. It was breathtaking. She was breathtaking, head to toe. Drop-dead gorgeous.

"What?" She questioned, her voice rather quieter than before.

She could feel his eyes travel up and down her body, causing goosebumps to appear all over. She desperately wanted to feel his touch.

"I...I'm sorry for the other day..." He stumbled with his words, still taken back by her beauty.

"It doesn't matter," She replied, slightly lying. The truth was that she did care, it did hurt her. Broke her heart even, you could say. "I have to go find Veronica," 

She quickly walked away before he could even stop her, pushing through the crowd. After a few minutes, she had finally found the girl standing next to Archie, her boyfriend.

"What was that?" Betty shouted angrily, referring to what she did earlier.

"What are you doing back so soon?" Veronica asked, ignoring Betty's question.

"Veronica," Betty warned, wanting an answer.

"Fine, I just gave you a little push..."She responded, taking a sip from her drink. "Literally..." 

"I hate you," Betty commented, coldly.

"But why are you back so soon?" She questioned, curiously.